The Raptor got a taste of snow today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
And devoured it! I can't believe how well this massive truck carves through the snow. This isn't that nice fluffy Colorado powder. This is hard packed, moisture ridden, dense, icy California Sierra snow. It eats Dodge Rams for breakfast. My brothers helped dig one out just last week from right where I took these pics. It eventually had to be dragged out by a tow truck.

We had a great day. I took the kids along... had a little fun in the snow and did some hiking. I got to try out most of the 4WD goodies on the truck. The only negative... the truck definitely goes into severe wheelhop from axle wrap when you try to push through the snow. You really have to manage your momentum and wheelspin. Also, crashing through the snow today seems to have caused the dreaded "clunk" so its off to the dealer for some lube.:jester:

DSC06878.jpg

DSC06897.jpg

DSC06877.jpg

DSC06889.jpg

DSC06896.jpg

peppercorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great pics ice, there just isn't anything like the mountains, snow, family and a confident rig to put a big smile on your face.

I have to agree, it just looks great on the middle perch. Small change, very 'dramatic' indeed.

OP
OP
iceman302

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
Looking good ice, kids look excited..

Great pics ice, there just isn't anything like the mountains, snow, family and a confident rig to put a big smile on your face.

I have to agree, it just looks great on the middle perch. Small change, very 'dramatic' indeed.

The kids had a great time... the first real day in the snow they've had. Nikki wasn't so sure about the snow at first. I think she had more fun crashing through the snow in the truck than she did hiking on the trails. She rode on my shoulders most of the time. My neck and shoulders are definitely sore.

DSC06881.jpg

peppercorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha, there you go, a glimpse of the future..... "Dad, can I borrow the Raptor, everyone is hiking to Lost Lake and the Raptor will get me there in a fraction of the time and be a lot more fun in the process?"

That's cool ice, our 4 year old had her first real snow outing last year, she picked up two hand fulls of snow and just started laughing, and then crying when the cold hit , and then wanted to be held because the snow was ''mean''. Lol!

OP
OP
iceman302

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
Ha, there you go, a glimpse of the future..... "Dad, can I borrow the Raptor, everyone is hiking to Lost Lake and the Raptor will get me there in a fraction of the time and be a lot more fun in the process?"

That's cool ice, our 4 year old had her first real snow outing last year, she picked up two hand fulls of snow and just started laughing, and then crying when the cold hit , and then wanted to be held because the snow was ''mean''. Lol!

LOL. That sounds about right.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lookin' good iceman! Snow traction has been great here. Only on a rare occasion do I hit some ice that grabs my attention...otherwise all is good.

I think I saw your post about going to the middle perch. Did you say you had a dealer do it? or someone else? Cost? thxs