GEN 2 Time to find a new RAPTOR?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm back ladies and ..ladies.

New rear pinion and no real issues with the rest of the gearing in the diff. I called goosed tuned also to help fix Fords raggedy ass 10speed trashbox.... and to get rid of this MPT tune.

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to hijack OPs thread but are you saying that the COBB TCM tune gets rid of the harsh shifts on tuned trucks? I have the harsh 3-4 or 3-5 shifts and harsh 1-2 shifts with the COBB OTS tune I am running. Clearing the TCM learn often fixes it for a month or so and then it comes back. Do I just need to buy the TCM tune?
I have Cobb+Goose tune and the transmission is as smooth as the one in the Lincoln. Seriously, it is smooth now. unless you put it in sport mode… then it’s angry and faster than a truck should be.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have Cobb+Goose tune and the transmission is as smooth as the one in the Lincoln. Seriously, it is smooth now. unless you put it in sport mode… then it’s angry and faster than a truck should be.
I never go in sport mode because I am scared I will lose my transmission on the dang gone highway brother...

I am trying to justify $1300 for this damn tune tho.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never go in sport mode because I am scared I will lose my transmission on the dang gone highway brother...

I am trying to justify $1300 for this damn tune tho.
I only drive in sport mode cause @GooseTuned shifting is soooo much better. Upshift are clean and crisp and downshifts smooth.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can’t say enough good things about Winfield at GooseTune! I have his stage 2, 93, 91 tunes, his TCM tune and his 93 & 91 tow performance tunes. His stuff just works and he’s super easy to deal with can’t do enough to help!