Raptor Broken Into :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BLACKMAMBA777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, i bought my raptor a month ago and yesterday it was broken into. They tried to pry open my rear passenger window and then ended up just smashing it in. They scratched the door somewhat (minor) and of course scratched the inside where they jumped in. Is this something that I should be freaking out about?

I don't mind scratches, but i'd rather put them on there myself. I was also wondering if you all think it's worth paying to have the scratches buffed out, or not because it is so new and the paint wouldn't blend well. any info would be great. thanks guys.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 228
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 240

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be pissed off, fricken thieves! I'm not sure which way I'd go for the repair, I hate giving up my truck to the shop. I've had more damaged caused by body shops than what I sent the truck in to be repaired.
Best of luck, and sorry about that.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry dude. Sucks. Those scratches look pretty deep. Clear coat scratches buff out readily, but if they are into the color it is a real pain. I would fix it either way. New truck so don't really see ya liking that look. (Note to self: must get some kind of damn LOUD alarm...)

Boricuaevo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's unfortunate it had to happen that way. Hope all works out for you. I'm not sure how it works with other banks but if you were a member with USAA, they would take care of that situation!

Also look into this for future protection! CompUStar, saved my Evo many times! Good Luck

brusso99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did they get, I had my Tahoe cleaned out 12k in gear in the parking lot of the redrocks in Las Vegas!

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most of these type crimes are of opportunity. They walk by see an ipad, cell phone, a dollar bill pokin out the ash tray, etc. smash and grab. So what did you leave in there? I'm not saying its your fault. These dickholes need to get a job or a bullet to the brain but they didnt steal the truck it was still there. There was something in there they wanted....