Quick battery question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How long has your stock battery lasted??

I do not do any harsh (jumps / hammering) but I do go places alone that are way off the beaten path. If I have a battery problem, I'm sort of screwed because there won't be anyone to help.

I would like to get an idea, from others, if there is a typical life span showing up after 5/6 yrs of use. I had 3 different '93 Fords and all batteries lasted 10 yrs or more (one went 12 !!)!

I'm thinking I would like to change out before a problem hits.

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I go to sea for 3 weeks at a time, my truck sits in a lot the whole time. My battery only took about a year and a half of that before it finally died. I replaced it with an Interstate AGM battery and it's been going strong ever since! I've been told that Motorcraft batteries are total crap, other guys love them. If you're nervous you may want to invest in a jump pack? Or upgrade before it has a chance to shit the bed :)

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a battery fail in one of our diesels this year in a truck that was only a few years old. Was told then that the batteries they put in at the factory aren't warrantied any longer than 3 yrs/36,000 miles. They are a lesser quality battery for sure. I am partial to Interstate myself, but there are a lot of good manufacturers out there that will serve you better than the original.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine is 6 years old and it was 18f this morning, started like a champ, I'm not wasting good money on a new battery until this thing shows signs of wear.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My factory Raptor battery lasted ELEVEN months! Went out one morning and click-click-click....nada! I called Ford Roadside for a jump, even though I was home with a jump pack in the garage, just so it was on record the battery had died. Went to the dealer that weekend and twisted their arm enough to replace the battery with a brand new one even though they tried to give me excuses of well it's working now, well they'll put it on a charger, blah blah blah. Wasn't even at the 12 month mark where most battery makers do a 100% replacement.

Knock on wood, the replacement has been good for 3 years now. But my other ford trucks my factory batteries have lasted 10+ years, so this one really disappointed me.

RV67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In May of this year my original battery will be 6 years old.When this one goes, I will buy another Motorcraft.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My battery lasted 4 years from date I bought my Raptor. I brought it on 2 Jan 12 & battery died on 31 Dec 15.and when I jump started, my truck went into limp mode would not go out of 3rd gear until I replaced the battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter