GEN 1 New water leak in door after seat bolt recall.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GABA

Reaction score
Just thought I'd post this to see if anyone else has had anything similar. I'm going in circles.

I'm the second owner of a 2014 SCAB. It was pristine at purchase with 1800 miles. Shortly after purchase I put on a matte gunmetal wrap.

Three weeks ago I took the truck in to the local Ford dealership for the safety recall 17S17 which required that some attachment bolts for seats, seat backs, seatbelt buckles and seatbelt anchors be replaced due to faulty manufacturing.

I picked up the truck after work that day. It was already pretty dark and I didn't notice any immediate issues.

It rained that night with the truck in my driveway. That morning on the way to work I pulled the seatbelt across and felt my shirt saturate with water from the seatbelt.

I immediately looked at the driver's side rear door where the driver's seatbelt is located in the SCAB. The plastic panel over the seatbelt was partially detached and the rubber seal above the door was partially hanging down. I fixed both issues myself and called Ford to discuss my discovery. I figured correcting the seal would fix the leak. I was wrong. It rained again a week later and it leaked again.

Long story short, truck goes back to Ford. They then claim that they didn't work in that area. They "only changed the seat bolts." Apparently this is all that is required on the Raptor. I don't know why they went into that part of the door, but someone did during the time it was at the dealership. No doubt in my mind.

The latest is they are claiming that the leak must have been caused in the wrap process. They had me take it to a local 3rd party that specializes in leaks. He said no way it's from the wrap, and he refused to get involved further.

I'm in limbo. Truck is parked in my garage until I can get this figured out cause we have rain in the forecast. I'm dealing with a new manager now. Supposed to get an update tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

Brutal.f256b1c50b8645612f0bfc86974e8455.jpg485fdc181a29b0f323cad4303e97dd8c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the original owner of my 2014 right off the lot, I have never had a recall for my Raptor for anything...??

R,
HAP

brc misfit

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2014 with 1800mi. Curious what State did you find the raptor in.?. Was it garaged it's whole life or sat outside, stagnant.?.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Hap, I'm with you. Bought 2014 from dealer, no recall issues.

OP
OP
G

GABA

Reaction score
https://www.ford-trucks.com/articles/ford-recall-f-150-seatbelts/

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Found in California, owner runs a Lexus dealership and owns MANY vehicles all garage kept.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

As the original owner of my 2014 right off the lot, I have never had a recall for my Raptor for anything...??

R,

HAP

c82af465818b5201d4263c47ac70e9ea.jpg

Hopefully you guys don't get this letter.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrat's.
Not saying the recall does not exist. I said that I've never received any sort of recall for my truck. As the original owner I should be easy to find if they wanted to send me anything...

R,
HAP

https://www.ford-trucks.com/articles/ford-recall-f-150-seatbelts/

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Found in California, owner runs a Lexus dealership and owns MANY vehicles all garage kept.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

c82af465818b5201d4263c47ac70e9ea.jpg

Hopefully you guys don't get this letter.

OP
OP
G

GABA

Reaction score
Congrat's.

Not saying the recall does not exist. I said that I've never received any sort of recall for my truck. As the original owner I should be easy to find if they wanted to send me anything...

R,

HAP

Wasn't looking for an argument. Just posted for informational purposes. Just trying to put it out there if it can help someone else.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard of some of my friends with a few 2104 F-150 recalls but, I don't hear of Raptor specific recalls? Just seems odd...

OP
OP
G

GABA

Reaction score
I have heard of some of my friends with a few 2104 F-150 recalls but, I don't hear of Raptor specific recalls? Just seems odd...

It's not specific to the Raptor to my knowledge. It includes several models assembled during a specific timeframe.

OP
OP
G

GABA

Reaction score

Regardless of whether it seems "odd" to you, it happened. Not sure what else you are looking for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

ee0225babeb1a10d3958f8dc04cc45ec.jpg

2014 SVT Raptor. Seatbelt recall.