Extende warranty or not

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought an extended warranty the day after buying my 2012 crew cab with 69,000. It cost me $1,600 for a four year/36k mi plan. A month later, my sunroof stopped working ($1,200) rear sliding window, ($360) and door were rattling which they replaced all new latches $300. All were covered under the warranty I bought.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the warranty. I have had several issues with mine. 4wd, transmission rebuild, front axle, front axle, front axle, front axle, and now a rear axle. definitely worth it for me

OP
OP
rmschaver

rmschaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All good, sounds like a worthwhile investment. Even if no mods are covered.

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been wondering this myself, I am 3 months from my warranty expiring. My problem is do I go with the Ford ESP or another company? Also how long of a warranty do I get? I can't say how long I'll own my truck.

D

Deleted member 12951

That price seems way too high. Try to get them down if you decide to move forward. Shop around and use that as leverage but $3,350 is too much.

OP
OP
rmschaver

rmschaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK thanks for the advice. AS far as how long it depends on vehicle and milage, what kind or wear and tear. I personally expect 4 years before a major frame off. Yeah I said it frame off. I would like to see this truck hit 30 years old and still look wow.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK thanks for the advice. AS far as how long it depends on vehicle and milage, what kind or wear and tear. I personally expect 4 years before a major frame off. Yeah I said it frame off. I would like to see this truck hit 30 years old and still look wow.

Will you even be able to drive at that age?