cv axels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
my boots are starting to leak (2012) both sides
whats everyone doing for replacements? are there better aftermarket or just new oems?
and new part number is this the one? MOTORCRAFT TX779

OP
OP
ogdobber

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Different one for each side
Left AL3Z3A427C
Right AL3Z3A428C

RCV is the better aftermarket product but you pay for it

Ultimate IFS CV Axle Set for Ford F-150 Raptor ('10 -'14)

WOW $2700!?
i don't drive mine hard enough to justify those i dont think

on rock auto one cross refences and the other doesnt...
MOTORCRAFT TX779 {#TX537, TX580} $168
MOTORCRAFT TX780 {#AL3Z3A428C, TX536, TX579} $183

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2012,f-150,6.2l+v8,1503276,drivetrain,cv+half+shaft+assembly,2288

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

adding this for reference. need to order by end of summer
rock auto code
5% Discount Code: 8A8FD672225447
Expires: September 20, 2017

Last edited:

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you going to replace the whole axle shaft? If your CV's are still good, its not that bad of a job to replace the boots alone.

OP
OP
ogdobber

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you going to replace the whole axle shaft? If your CV's are still good, its not that bad of a job to replace the boots alone.

Hmm i never thought about that...
However i do have a concern, this winter i was getting a "popping" where the locking ring was either slipping on worn gears or it was just way cold and maybe the grease thickened up and it wasn't going into full seat. Now that i think about it, down in Mexico it was really hot with some very steep technical climbs and it never popped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure it came form the CV's? That sounds like the infamous IWE problem. I've gone through 2 already and i dont 4 wheel too hard. Ford's "better idea" cheaply implemented. Thats a quick change out while you have the axles out.

OP
OP
ogdobber

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you sure it came form the CV's? That sounds like the infamous IWE problem. I've gone through 2 already and i dont 4 wheel too hard. Ford's "better idea" cheaply implemented. Thats a quick change out while you have the axles out.

Well ill probably change the iwe as well. Start fresh.

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm i never thought about that...
However i do have a concern, this winter i was getting a "popping" where the locking ring was either slipping on worn gears or it was just way cold and maybe the grease thickened up and it wasn't going into full seat. Now that i think about it, down in Mexico it was really hot with some very steep technical climbs and it never popped

popping is the sound I have.