Brakes and Rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m considering upgrading my brake rotors using the ones power stop offers, I was told by someone they were a good upgrade to stop the raptor faster and they are fairly cheap. Does anybody have any input on this. Is this a bad idea? Anything I should know about power stop product before I buy. I’ve never used anything from them so it’s always best to ask

40oz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill let you know shortly. Went ahead and pulled the trigger, should be delivered thursday.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm also looking into upgrading my brakes. Its very difficult to get a straight answer here about anything other them R1. There has to be a bunch of guys that are using other brands but no one is saying anything.
I'm looking at Stoptech slotted rotors and EBC Yellow pads, Stoptech SS lines and DOT4 fluid. Anyone use any of these parts I listed?

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought I'd update this and say I just ordered Stoptech slotted rotors and EBC yellow pads for my raptor. AutoAnything.com is having a sale right now. Saved over $100. 20% off right now. Now I have to order some brake fluid. Anyone use Motul RBF600 brake fluid? How many bottles would I need to flush the system?

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd update this and say I just ordered Stoptech slotted rotors and EBC yellow pads for my raptor. AutoAnything.com is having a sale right now. Saved over $100. 20% off right now. Now I have to order some brake fluid. Anyone use Motul RBF600 brake fluid? How many bottles would I need to flush the system?

just bringing this back. I am going to need to replace my pads and rotors this summer. have the R1 concept setup on there now. its been good, but not quite as much bite as i would like. upgraded to 37" a while back and that really hurt the braking.

I was looking at the stoptech rotors (have them on other veh and they have been great).

what do you think of the yellow stop pads? my buddy who races BMWs (totally different, but quality is quality) uses Performance Friction Carbon (PFC) components and they work great. They only make brake pads for our trucks. I was thinking of giving them a try.

did you ever swap to the Motul fluid? i was planning on that as well as SS SDHQ lines all the way around.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m about to pull the trigger on Stop Tech too. I’d like to see an update from one of the guys that went this route...

EmbDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the z23 kit on my 2011 f150 with 37's I liked them a lot, when I need to replace my brakes on my raptor I will either get the 23's again or the 36.

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know there's a bunch of f150 threads on this already but had mine brought in for vibration at hwy speed braking hard and looks like rear ebrake actuator was seized and caused rotor warping and vibration. Not sure how it would effect front rotors. Was fine till I brought it in to the dealer.

Most likely cause by high humidity in my garage in the winter.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ive used Wagner, Centric, Raybestos and Motorcraft pads and rotors over the years. They all work fine. If you get their top line.

It's way more important to have a clean hub face and a tight, yet still easily slidable pad on the mount than the particular brand.

A careless install will make any brand seem crappy and a careful install will make any brand seem great.

Dont get me worng, the base $18 house brand pads from Autozone are actually crappy, Im assuming yoh are installing pads that cost around $75 for a set.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Currently - Baer Cross Drilled Rotors and StopTech pads .....Love them....no issues whatsoever
Prior- Baer rotors / EBC Yellow pads ......Squeaky as heck in the beginning ...after breaking in....great but only lasted me 18k miles...and NO I don't drive while my foot is on the brake

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter