Timidly Stepping Into The Arena

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

subseashooter

Reaction score
Howdy y'all!!

I work overseas in the oil field, and have been wanting a Raptor for years. Finally decided that I deserve the dern thing.

Not sure if I want a 2013 or 2014, or if I'll wait out the (reported) production pause and see what Ford has in store for us in 2016 or 2017.

So...a few questions...

I understand from lurking that there isn't much difference between the 2013 and 2014's. I passed on buying one before 2013 due to my dislike of Ford's initial touch screen controls offerings. Seems that they have stepped up their game in that regard. Are there any differences in that aspect between '13 and '14? What other differences are there?

Also....trim types.....

I've seen a few acronyms and letter strings that seem to indicate trim codes, but I haven't deciphered them yet....what do I need to look for? Admittedly, I'm a bit slow.....took me a whole day to figure out what SCREW meant *blush*....

I know that I want the supercrew, and I know that I want a moonroof....what other options seem to make or break the truck for y'all? Also, I definitely want the front and rear cameras. When I was surfing Ford's "Build your own truck" section, it sure seemed like there were a lot of additional things that I'm not seeing mentioned on the forums.

So....educate me!! :)

Thanks in advance for all of the help, and I look forward to (eventually) running with the pack!

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello.

801a is popular. Comes with power fold mirrors. Heated and cooled seats. Hid lights. Nav. And a few other things. Then you could add the front camera and moonroof.

I'd build what you like on the builder and go from there

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went with everything but the tailgate step and bed extender. Love my cooled seats. Love my moonroon. Love my nav.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner