Opinions wanted!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monster44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My master plan has been to purchase a brand new Raptor in November. I ran across a used 2013 tux black screw 801a package, moonroof, with 11,000 miles on it. Never been off-road. It has a tonneau cover, spray in bed liner, led fog lights, and an led light bar mounted behind the grill. They are asking 52,900. They will give me 10,000 trade in on my truck that I have now. I explained to the sales guys that I could have ordered a 14 screw for 51,000 and same 10,000 trade in for my truck. He then said they might be able to move on price as they haven't seen my truck yet. What say you? Good deal if I can get him down a little or buy new?

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It doesnt sound terrible it has a lot done to it, if you can get them down a little, why not jump on it. What kind of light bar is on it?

OP
OP
Monster44

Monster44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesnt sound terrible it has a lot done to it, if you can get them down a little, why not jump on it. What kind of light bar is on it?

I forgot to ask him what light bar it has. I'll ask him tomorrow and let you know. I know rigid and brands alike are good stuff, what are the crappy brands to watch for?

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like a good deal for my area. New, of any, at least $5k over. Used seems to hover around new msrp. Pacific northwest.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Monster44 I honestly dont know, yes Rigid is what you want but, it has to fit you. Meaning if you dont mind dropping 1200 on a light bar, more power to ya! I would most definitely use Rigid if i needed a dependable bar, but i dont, so i just bought a cheapo of amazon for 150 and it is great for the once every two weeks i throw it on. But its just a bonus for you because its already there. Sorry for the long post, just want to get my feelings toward lighting to you.

OP
OP
Monster44

Monster44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Monster44 I honestly dont know, yes Rigid is what you want but, it has to fit you. Meaning if you dont mind dropping 1200 on a light bar, more power to ya! I would most definitely use Rigid if i needed a dependable bar, but i dont, so i just bought a cheapo of amazon for 150 and it is great for the once every two weeks i throw it on. But its just a bonus for you because its already there. Sorry for the long post, just want to get my feelings toward lighting to you.

No worries. That's what I'm looking for. Great feed back. Thank you!

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Seems like a good deal for my area. New, of any, at least $5k over. Used seems to hover around new msrp. Pacific northwest.

Thanks for the info. I live in Iowa and the prices around here seem to be in the msrp range. I was going to order a 14 screw 801a tux black in May for 51000, 10000 trade in on my current truck. That deal fell through on my end and my sales guy that was going to give me that price is not working there anymore. According to edmunds.com the 13 with the miles and options it has is 44,000 certified used car. That's a long way from 52,900. Thoughts?

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ had my truck in for minor warranty work a few months ago. Same dealership where I purchased it. They offered to take it off my hands at $1k over msrp (paid $750 over invoice in jan '13). I was soooo tempted. Just like it too much at the moment.
So pricing seems to be highly dependent on area.

OP
OP
Monster44

Monster44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ had my truck in for minor warranty work a few months ago. Same dealership where I purchased it. They offered to take it off my hands at $1k over msrp (paid $750 over invoice in jan '13). I was soooo tempted. Just like it too much at the moment.
So pricing seems to be highly dependent on area.

I agree. A dealer in town had a race red 12 screw with 800a package. Had 43670 miles on it and they were asking 47900 for it. It sat on the lot for 3 weeks and it was gone. I seen a women driving what looked to be that same Raptor a few days later. I guess if you want it, you get it. I wouldn't have payed that.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not a terrible deal, but time IS limited. All new Raptors are probably already spoken for, and the ones that aren't will probably have a serious markup. See if they'll give you 10k and go down to 50.