weird idle....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ossachuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was coming out of work today(-37'C) and started my truck. Right as soon as my electronic display, above the steering wheel powered up, I noticed a Yellow wrench. My truck was idling very unusual. The rpms would rev up to around 2K then the throttle would go back to its usual idle, then it would rev back up to 2k and repeat. I shut my truck off then restarted it, the problem disappeared. Im just wondering if anyone else had this problem before, and if I should be worried. I assume it had something to do with the temperature but not 100% sure.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's cold alright. LOL

Our PCMs and all the sensors that it monitors is quite complex, to say the least.
Having said that, the PCM will adapt but it does take few minutes for the idle learning.
Also icing on the MAF can do that if you drove in wet conditions before hand.

I can say from my experience over the past four years even large temperature swings from one day to the next will cause the Raptor's PCM to have a small but one time glitch until it learned the environment at the given drive cycle.

I'd say not to worry unless this happens all the time you start it.

Last edited: