Rear SCREW door panel removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Master Yoda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems that I have some "rattling" going on around the general area where the speakers are in both of the rear doors. Had a couple of my son's friends in the back for a short trip and they listened and both said it sounded as if it was coming from low and towards the front of the door. Wondering if it's just the speaker mount screws that need torqued down and can be done by popping off the grilles only, or something else. Just how difficult is it to take the panel completely off in case that's not the issue? Ideas? Anyone else have this problem? Normally I'd just turn up the volume, but I really like hearing nothing but the engine/exhaust at the end of a long day riding home.

OP
OP
Master Yoda

Master Yoda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noisy rattle culprit found........rear window switches/button housings

This thing as 2 pieces inside each other that then are fit into the actual small panel that you can pop upward out of the door panel itself after unplugging it. Tucked some small pieces of tool box drawer liner in the gaps between the separate parts with a thin blade knife. Took it for a quick test drive down a rough county road and no more rattle. Thanks for the video help with the door panel removal, Nobusa. My 15 year old son even jumped in and helped with taking them off and putting them back on. He did so well with that project, I had him jack the truck up and supervised him in how to properly grease the leaf springs after that!!!!!

Attachments

• Rear Window Switch.jpg
    Rear Window Switch.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 74