Power Steering Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VLASA

Reaction score
Had a leaking power steering hose. Dealer said Ford backordered for 6 weeks. They had one made that doesn't work right. Causes pump to act like it is cavitating.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
there must be a better solution! post pics and measurements...we have some of the greatest minds in the Raptor world at our disposal here!

Reaction score
I am also having steering leakage issues. 5500km on my truck and now have to replace the 6th steering hose in the last 3 months. This sucks as we do not have any sort of Ford dealers up here. Is there a specific way to install the Hose? Or do you just put in the new steering hose and fill it up? I used Synthietic Amsoil Power Steering Fluid last time and it stayed nice and thin liquid but the O-ring and the seal for the bottom fitting broke. I replaced again but had no more PSF. So now I have hard steering until i receive the new Pressure Steering Assy, and order more Amsoil PSF.

Last edited:

11raptor6.2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same issues here guys, my dealer said it was the pressure hose that was leaking and they are on back order. He said he put in an "emergency order". Now the steering is getting hard so I'm sure the pump is going out now. Hopefully I can get this fixed soon. Wish we could have gotten the electronic steering!

Reaction score
I know, I ordered mine and they sent the wrong hose. I called them back and they we're saying he can't find one anywhere. Not built yet, then I told him I ordered and received hoses from them. He said those must have been the last ones. Darn now to wait.

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

I took a better look and now its the other side thats leaking. the one i replaced is still good, but what a mess it is in mine. spraying all over the place, with out a block heater i need to keep starting the truck otherwise it will freeze and wont start until spring. so i geuss ill keep remote starting it with the steering empty and just replace the pump a long with every hose for steering. were finally out of our 24 hrs of darkness and now can look at it better. now we will start the 24 hrs of daylight in a few weeks.

Spider-One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little thread jacking here, I've noticed some serious whine on colder days (-25*C and below). Was this something you noticed as well before switching to new fluid? I'm considering switching to a synthetic fluid (likely Amsoil) for power steering to avoid and pump/line issues.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wish we could have gotten the electronic steering!
Oh hell no thank you. The Raptor's hydro static steering is a huge plus in my book.

Sucks that you guys are having issues though. Thanks for the heads up. I'll be keepin an eye out on mine from now on.

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a leaking power steering hose. Dealer said Ford backordered for 6 weeks. They had one made that doesn't work right. Causes pump to act like it is cavitating.

Where are you at ? At quick glance it looks like this could be related to cold climate areas.

Spider-one : No whibne here , at least yet. I know it is not that uncommon for pumps to whine a bit when first started when realy cold . We have had some -15 to -20 F days here and no issue yet . Now my older F150 will bark at you a bit until you rock the wheel a little.