How does the Raptor Come stock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andyjimenez

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I bought a 2012 Raptor with 48000 miles on it at a ford dealership in florida a year ago. When I bought the truck it obviously had after market headlights and HID lights installed in the grill but besides that looked very stock, I even asked if it had any aftermarket suspension or lift since I definitely didnt want that, they said No. The original owner only had it for 14 months before trading it in and then the truck bounced around dealerships until I purchased it. The ford dealership sold me on a "platinum warranty" that covered nearly everything including electronics ont his truck for about 3K, I thought it worth it since it was used and I know things on the Raptor arent cheap to fix. Last month I got a metal scratching noise coming out of the front wheel and took it to my local dealership up here in Tennessee. Bad news they said, your hub is broken and your warranty wont cover it since you have an aftermarket spacer and that adds stress to the wheel. I called ******** since I know what that looks like, they called me back and said its actually a strut lift. I couldnt believe it, so I asked him to check again and he claimed that actually was a leveling kit on the strut. I was dubious because of how many times he changed what it was So i said fix it and $1200 later it was fixed, I couldnt believe a strut leveler would put "added" stress on the hub to cause a warranty to be voided but im no mechanic. I called the dealership back in florida and they assured me that no lift, leveler, or anything was aftermarket or had been installed by them. I took it to my local mechanic and he believes that it looks like a stock ford raptor suspension but he didnt take it apart to see the plate or its marking. So with that in mind can someone tell me if the 2010-2014 Raptors come with a leveling plate stock or if ford just makes it Level Stock? I dont know how the truck cam stock so I pose this to you , the experts. If it didnt come level stock then Im guessing its an aftermarket leveling kit and then Im going to have some fun getting my money back from the dealership in florida for the repair. Also if anyone has any insight onto what qualifies as an "aftermarket product" that would void a warranty repair on the hub? looking for any and all advice.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Or read one of the leveling threads here and look at the pictures of the collars some folks are using and see if it is anything like what you have.

There are folks on here who can help you, but more information required.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me with all the talk of leveling from some folks on here. My first thought is why mess with something that works but could potentially cause problems and not be covered under warranty.

OP
OP
A

andyjimenez

Reaction score
Here are the pics I could grab right now.

Attachments

• IMG_2933.JPG.jpg
    IMG_2933.JPG.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2934.JPG.jpg
    IMG_2934.JPG.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_2935.JPG.jpg
    IMG_2935.JPG.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 90
OP
OP
A

andyjimenez

Reaction score
I think there might by a one inch plate under there, but i didnt know if that was stock or not.

OP
OP
A

andyjimenez

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of the truck, of course I dont have any straight up side photos, ill try and get some tomorrow

Attachments

• IMG_0532.jpg
    IMG_0532.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0544.jpg
    IMG_0544.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_2645.jpg
    IMG_2645.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 95

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like you have a block in there, and yes they will use that as a valid excuse not to cover under warranty. Any excuse they can find....

OP
OP
A

andyjimenez

Reaction score
Looks like you have a block in there, and yes they will use that as a valid excuse not to cover under warranty. Any excuse they can find....

so they will not cover anything, I guess its time to get my money back for the warranty. Does this mean that the raptor doesnt come level?

D

Deleted member 12951

Here is what the stock shocks looks like. There is a factory angle shim in the bucket and one on top but that's it.

8c9ee8af6dbb1172db510d6ce1a24258.jpg

Both shims are together on top in that picture. A stock raptor is not level, it has a rake to it. Folks will do a midperch and it will level the stance out.

Amazed that your dealer charged you for that and at that price for one. I've had both my hubs replaced and my passenger side twice (3 times total) under warranty, a ford esp. And I have aftermarket 3.0 shocks.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so they will not cover anything, I guess its time to get my money back for the warranty.

Well sort of, items (not complete) that the dealer may choose not to cover at their discretion:

* CVs
* Hubs
* IWEs
* Tie rods
* UCA (not serviceable)
* LCA or ball joint
* Brake/vacuum/wheel speed/etc lines
* Steering rack
* Shocks

All of these 'could' be construed to have been caused by your spacers. Legally they can not say that the spacer caused a transmission failure or other failure that is not directly related to your change to the front suspension. I would keep the warranty as there are many more things that it covers still unless you start modding them. You should also note that milage on warranty claims on the items mentioned above as the choice to cover under warranty is a decision the dealer can make. Maybe try a different dealer next time that is more familiar with raptors.

Does this mean that the raptor doesnt come level?

No it does not.