What kind of gas does everyone like ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordrat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve never bought premium on any of my cars or trucks until I bought my Raptor and the owners manual said you can use any type but suggested you use 91 so because I want the best for my truck I’ve never used anything other than 91 I’ll fill up at half tank sometimes 1/4 but that’s it I found that if you reset your trip settings you’re mpg recalibrates so every couple of tanks I do that and I get on average 16-19 miles per gallon good luck and have fun Petro-Canada 94 cuz imma baller

Hard R

Reaction score
Costco gas 91 octane is a favorite of mine for obvious financial reasons. If you go early enough, lines aren't that bad. But even during peak times in my area, I notice the wait is about 15 mins, unless you get stuck behind another Raptor filling their tank from empty.

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score

What kind of gas does everyone like ?​

Hmm.. Bean burrito always gives me very consistent results...
In high school, when Sam’s Club was a new concept in my town… my dad was buying the big 10 or 12 packs of bean burritos. I ate those fkrs for like 4 days straight and about 4 the night before standardized testing. It’s was unbelievable. Nobody ever figured out where it was coming from and of course there could be no owning it. I believe Indiana's results were impacted a couple points that year…. But my A$$ was in the 100th percentile that day.

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've run Costco's Top Tier 87 gas exclusively in my truck since I bought it with no issues. Then again I'm not out there drag racing Priuses.
With the turbos I was under the impression we really should run at least 91 octane. I can see how it would pull timing etc and detune itself, but isn’t at least 91 recommended?

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the turbos I was under the impression we really should run at least 91 octane. I can see how it would pull timing etc and detune itself, but isn’t at least 91 recommended?
Yes, anytime I’ve had to use lower octanes it just don’t drive as well.