Gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gang, on a road trip today and had just blown thru the first tank of gas, so I stopped to fill up the truck. Strangely, the flap on our "capless" gas port wouldn't open. It wasn't until multiple attempts that I finally got the nozzle inserted.

Any thoughts?

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Might have been the nozzle. You have the gas funnel under the left rear seat. Try using that to open it next time.

OP
OP
dataustin

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Jimbo, I'll keep that in mind. BTW, the nozzle was small enough to where it wasn't hitting the sides, the 'trap door' wouldn't release.

Plan B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be careful w/ the new Ford capless modules. Depending on where you are in the country some of the filler nozzles don't fit that well and can get stuck. Guy I work with had to have the fire department cut the nozzle out of a Ford Fusion he rented somewhere on the east coast. Several different people tried to pull it out for a couple hours before they had to call the fire department. The gas station is trying to charge him for a new nozzle now.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nozzels gotta push the tabs on each side for the flap to open.

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happened to me in West TX; had to insert the funnel and then insert the nozzle into the funnel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah this happened to me a couple weeks ago at a local 7-eleven that I don't normally buy gas from. It took about a dozen attempts to get it to open the flap, didn't think to get the funnel. Needless to say I won't be going back to that location to buy gas.

OP
OP
dataustin

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, since we are talking gas, I was in Cottonwood, Arizona today looking for the best gas prices. See a Shell selling regular for $1.99, so I pull in and began to fill up when I notice that the pump says $2.09. I walk into the store and ask how much is a gallon of gas. The nice lady says $1.99. I reply by asking why the pump says $2.09. She replies that the $1.99 is only if you pay in cash.

So I walk out to the sign and low and behold, under the 2' $1.99 letters are 2" letters saying "cash". In my opinion that is just wrong!

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, since we are talking gas, I was in Cottonwood, Arizona today looking for the best gas prices. See a Shell selling regular for $1.99, so I pull in and began to fill up when I notice that the pump says $2.09. I walk into the store and ask how much is a gallon of gas. The nice lady says $1.99. I reply by asking why the pump says $2.09. She replies that the $1.99 is only if you pay in cash.

So I walk out to the sign and low and behold, under the 2' $1.99 letters are 2" letters saying "cash". In my opinion that is just wrong!

diesel on highways is usually like that.

Otherwise if you use credit they have to pay a percentage to the credit card company. Cash, they keep it all.