Ford Techs please help! Camera broken, dealership tryna rip me off!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea man they're trying to **** you!!!! Take the emails and file a complaint with ford this is absolutely ridiculous. I've taken my rear camera and ford emblem off a bunch of times AND the ford plate without breaking anything at all! And it took like 35 mins max and that's including painting the chrome piece! Also wtf is the point in getting coverage if their not gonna cover it all! Sounds like you need to write a few nasty emails to both ford and old republic also to te head mangers at that dealership then go to a different dealership and explain to them you're not a ******* moron and know your shit and be upfront with them then they'll know they can ******** you at all! This is why I ******* dispise dealerships!

OP
OP
verytalonted

verytalonted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update!

So I replied with this:
Mr. Gonzalez,

Is there any official Ford documentation that you could forward to me containing that Ford requires all the parts to be replaced (wiring harness, bezel/housing, and emblem) along with the additional hour of labor (additional 1/2hr for diagnostics and 1/2hr for install).

I am trying to prove that we need all these things for proper install so I can try to persuade Old Republic to cover them.

As of right now Old Republic does not believe they are necessary for proper repair and sees them as 'cosmetic' repairs.

If they are cosmetic then I don't want or need them.

I would like to get this matter closed, and move past it. But am not wanting to go broke on wasteful spending.

Thanks again for your help in this matter.

v/r,
--Chris

And Juan replied like this:
I have paper work from my parts department if you want to stop by and get them, the labor I can not change every job pays differently and we do not let extended warranties tell us what we should charge. You are more than welcome to pick up the truck and take it back to where you bought it from, I wont even charge you the diag fee.

thanks you

So, it is a half victory... I think I am gonna have my Buddy (who is visiting this weekend and next) to take my truck to San Antonio for repairs. But call and make sure they will not try to order extra shit and overcharge me.

I think Juan at 'Jim Bass Ford' is getting annoyed by me.....:hmmm2:

Let me hear you thoughts guys!

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like he's admitting to his ******** if he's not gonna "charge" you a diagnostic fee. Go kick his ass!!!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
perfect time to get your truck out without having to pay the diagnostic fee, especially when they already know the problem. get it back, get out, and find another shop.

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

but on another note, they did the right thing so you cant really bash them too hard. they are willing to let you go without a fee so they did do something right. however getting to that point is a different matter.