Backseat Rattles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am about 99% sure that it's from the headboard, should I take it to ford? I hate the dealerships they're all scumbags

Sure you can take it to the dealer.......they won't actually fix the rattle in question AND you will end up with at least 2 new rattles!

On a more serious note, I had a rattle back there as well and it was the window cable.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I am about 99% sure that it's from the headboard, should I take it to ford? I hate the dealerships they're all scumbags

They also hate rattle complaints. Long before you take your truck to the dealership for some $12/hr slugs to get their greasy hands all over the place, ripping your interior apart and breaking shit...I would have someone else drive your truck while you sit in the back and pinpoint where the noise is coming from.

OP
OP
jbrichmond

jbrichmond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ignore the link

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

You guys are great, I will try that and let you know

OP
OP
jbrichmond

jbrichmond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's coming from the back passenger side rear panel, where the seat belt comes out... How do I get that damn thing off? Is an airbag going to deploy in my face?

Uberklasse

Reaction score
I am experiencing a similar rattle but seemed to have isolated it to the passenger door panel. I took to an unnamed dealer and the tech cme out and pounded around the frame of panel with the back of this hand....nothing and that brainiac said"well, you will have to come back when we are not so busy"

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you guys rockin Scabs or Screws? The Scabs will always have squeaks and rattles. I've brought this up before several times. A fixed "B" pillar(Screw) will never have issues. Scabs have way more twist and flex in the cab than a Screw. Any Scab truck, I don't care if its Ford, or a Chevy, everyone of those Scabs squeak and rattle because of the Non-Fixed "B" pillar. In no way shape or form am I purposely trying to **** off anyone with this bit of information. It Is only a fact and not my opinion.

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes door closed on door equals noise . i really do not like back doors that hinge at the back. maybe the atlas based raptor will do what ram has done already [hinged in front]. because there are advantages to shorter wheelbases when off road.

EwanS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Door jam adjustment worked for me - aswell as a huge change in panel alignment, it stopped the doors rattling which was rattling everything else

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Door jam adjustment worked for me - aswell as a huge change in panel alignment, it stopped the doors rattling which was rattling everything else

could you expand on what you mean by jam adjustment and panel alignment

EwanS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The door lock plate ( on rear door and lower jam rail are set at the factory when the seals are all new and undeformed , after a while they need correction to take up any slack . Mine had some alignment issues on the doors themselves which required the adjustment Anyway . That in turn improved the problem to a point where it is now acceptable , not gone completely , but acceptable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter