Raptor sidesteps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rock-eater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So whats the bast way to wash these things? Seems like they don't clean up that well with that finish they have. They seem faded and grungy even after washing, I considered having them LineXed but would rather just get them clean.

Buckeyesvtraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scrub the shit out of them and then put some back to black or similar compound on them. Be careful they are slippery afterwords.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
I ran over gum and got some caught up on the sides... it was a real bitch to clean. Finally went away after using a toothbrush. Which reminds me, I need to get a new toothbrush soon.

Mine are looking a little grey too. Someone said coat it with UV. I need to follow up on that suggestion.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i ran over wet paint on the road a while back. i used a pressure washer to get it off. dont get too close with it though, it will take the anti slip coating off. i do notice that diy car washes dont have enough pressure to take the coating off. i used a pressure washer from another local member and it was a lot more powerful.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^ditto^ Had it washed the other day and paid for outside to be Armor All'd. Good thing I was holding onto the handle when I went to setup up!

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Honestly they look so good I may just find out what he used and keep spraying them every week or however long it lasts.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tire and wheel shine would be my guess. the sidesteps dont bother me. however, the mud coating on mine probably protects from the uv.

Buckeyesvtraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stuff they sell to darken plastics on cars works great. Ex.. Mothers back to black. Tire and wheel shine works as well but not as good. Whatever you use definitely be careful getting in at first. The rails become very slippery