Raptor sidesteps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So if seems that this Adam's place sells the stuff I need. Does anyone have a short list of must haves to get from there? I don't want to spend all day on the website trying to figure out what I need for the Raptor.

I'll tag @TheWolf who is the resident detail master and where I get all my guidance from. I've ordered pretty much everything Adam's sells but it depends on how crazy you want to get with detailing your truck. I would say Quick Detailer, Detail Spray, Waterless Wash(which I like to use to clean my wheels) and get the Glass Sealant kit. It's unbelievable how it makes your glass so clear and easy to clean. Nothing sticks to it and you don't even need the wipers when it rains. I used it on all my glass, even the sunroof and when it rains none of my windows spot up when it dries.

Cobra2Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if seems that this Adam's place sells the stuff I need. Does anyone have a short list of must haves to get from there? I don't want to spend all day on the website trying to figure out what I need for the Raptor.

Everything you want to know about Detailing the Raptor can be found is this eloquent thread HERE.

For what it is worth; I went a little nuts on ordering Adam's products and haven't been disappointed yet.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Everything you want to know about Detailing the Raptor can be found is this eloquent thread HERE.

For what it is worth; I went a little nuts on ordering Adam's products and haven't been disappointed yet.

Dude I know exactly how you feel. I've dropped a little over $2K at Adam's since I read that thread but there products are so easy to use and work awesome so it's well worth it in my opinion.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Ok guru, what do you suggest for cleaning the headlights? :hidesbehindsofa:

If you're being serious I did the paint correction process on them and then used Liquid Paint Sealant on them and they look better than they did new. A bonus is and bug guts just fall right off with a regular hose you don't even have to scrub. :flipthebird:

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The short list:

Car Wash Shampoo
Detail Spray
Quick Sealant
Liquid Paint Sealant
Tire Shine

I will update with links and some applicators and towels tonight when I can get on a PC.

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

@TheWolf how is the quick sealant on the plastic grill and flares?
Works great! I use the Quick Sealant on all textured plastic and the grill. On the flares (smooth plastic) I use Liquid Paint Sealant because it lasts longer (6 months or longer, with the proper wash shampoo).

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

...I did the paint correction process on them and then used Liquid Paint Sealant on them and they look better than they did new. A bonus is and bug guts just fall right off with a regular hose you don't even have to scrub. :flipthebird:

^This.

The student has gained great knowledge...

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@TheWolf covered it.

On the steps, once they're cleaned use Quick Sealant. While its textured that surface is essentially like paint so you want a protective product on it that isn't slippery.

I've also used 1:1 diluted Super VRT from time to time just to make them look darker. That isn't AS slippery as full strength, but you do want to be careful stepping on them when they're dressed as I have slipped before.

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Car Wash Shampoo - need to use pH neutral soap so you don't strip off the sealants or wax. I use the Wash Wedge, but you can also use a Wash Pad. It is good practice to use two, one for the upper 2/3 of the truck where there is less dirt (usually), then a second one on the lower 1/3. A good way to keep them straight is to use the Wedge on the upper, and the pad on the lower.

Detail Spray - aids in drying, adds some shine. Use a good quality microfiber waffle weave towel for drying. Do not use cotton towels, they scratch.

Quick Sealant - covered pretty well in this thread, just make sure you always level it out with a foam applicator or a microfiber towel before it dries. For most areas, I spray the applicator and then use that to apply to the surface, other complex areas like the grill and wheels, I spray directly on the surface, then use a towel to level it. A little goes a long way. Do not spray so heavy that you get drips. Definitely watch the video on this product.

Liquid Paint Sealant - a long lasting layer of protection, makes cleaning much easier. Apply with a Hex Grip Applicator, remove the haze with plush microfiber towels like the Double Soft or the Borderless Gray.

Tire Shine - looks good, keeps the tires sealed up so they don't get stained with mud. Apply with the Pro Tire Hex Grip Applicator.

The most recent videos are on AdamsPolishes.com but you can also search on Youtube for older videos that cover additional products.