Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Forums - General Information > Ford Raptor Cleaning and Detailing Forum
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Cleaning and Detailing Forum

Pressure washer recommendations

This is a discussion on Pressure washer recommendations within the Ford Raptor Cleaning and Detailing Forum forums, part of the Ford Raptor Forums - General Information category!
Pressure washer recommendations Looking for a good Pressure washer for the truck and some light around the house work (cleaning ...

User Tag List

Like Tree9Likes

Sponsored By: Adam's Polishes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2018, 07:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Pressure washer recommendations
Looking for a good Pressure washer for the truck and some light around the house work (cleaning brick patio / siding ), but 99% of the time it will be used for washing the truck. Maybe something $200 or under?

LaceyPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 08:41 AM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Originally Posted by LaceyPark View Post
Looking for a good Pressure washer for the truck and some light around the house work (cleaning brick patio / siding ), but 99% of the time it will be used for washing the truck. Maybe something $200 or under?
I bought a 1750 PSI pressure washer from Harbor Freight and will be busting it out tomorrow on the truck and to finish cleaning the old shocks I am sending to Forged Off-road. I will let you know if it does the job. The Pressure washer was $99.00 on sale.

Old 03-25-2018, 11:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 534 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Power washer??

Been discussed - maybe this will help. Tip: type in a subject in the search tab. A lot of what you are curious about has been brought up. Lots of useful info in here.....
ineedaBubble likes this.
2014RubyRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 08:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Sun Joe SPX3000, all day! Just upgrade the gun, wand and hose and you'll be good. Check this out for the upgrades I mentioned:

https://obsessed-garage.myshopify.co...essure-washing

ineedaBubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 10:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Full Access Member

the Ryobi with the Honda engine is pretty awesome and available at home depot. adding swivel fittings to mine this weekend because the hose is stiff.
waddellw likes this.

Old 03-27-2018, 04:58 AM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Originally Posted by LaceyPark View Post
I was nervous to pick up the Ryobi washer from home Depot for 300 or so dollars on sale but decided on it and it's in season 2 now with no issues. No paint-ripping pressure but it's solid with a Honda motor. Auto idle is the best too I love it.

Your friend has shared a link to a Home Depot product they think you would be interested in seeing:

You kinda get what you pay for-

Below 300
Electrics mostly, not good units, terrible output and not too dependable in my experience.

300-500
Fine pressure washers usually, not the greatest ever but worth it.

500 up
Commercial grade units mostly.

I recently picked up an mtm foam cannon and it works amazing with the unit. Foam everywhere. The pic below is on an '18 leadfoot. The soap had been on there for a few minutes before I thought about snapping a pic but trust me it was very thick at first before it all started sheeting off.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by waddellw; 03-27-2018 at 05:14 AM.
waddellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 08:03 AM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I went with an 2030 PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5-Amp Electric Pressure Washer cost $150 delivered

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2018 Leadfoot Screw. 801A with tailgate step, twin panel moonroof, both decals, trailer brake Controller, SYNC Connect, LED side-Mirror Spotlights, blind spot with Trailer Tow Monitoring, for MSRP and dealer threw in Bed liner.
22 Dec 2017 order date. 02 March 2018 VIN. 21 April 2018 Build Date. 02 May 2018 Delivered.
RaptorMaryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 04:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 113 Post(s)

While many people like the power of gas at a decent price point, after using a higher-end electric, I would never switch back. The biggest plus is having the auto on-off which turns the motor off when the trigger is released. No idling and no turning it on and off. It is the AR Blue Clean AR630-TSS-HOT. This unit can also be ordered for a lower cost without the hot water seals, but using warm water for winter washing is nice.

I had the MTM Cannon and used it for a couple years, then found the Adam's Cannon made better foam with my pressure washer. Also, at $144.49 with the discount it is less than the MTM.

https://adamspolishes.com/adam-s-foa...ose-combo.html

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
RAPTORSV likes this.

2014 Tux Screw SE | Truck Covers USA American Roll Cover | Undercover Swing Cases | Bedrug Bedmat | Ford Racing Rear Drop Shackles | Ford Remote Access & Vehicle Security System | Raptor Custom Embroidery Console Cover & Headrests | Sponsored by Adam's Premium Car Care
TheWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 02:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
While many people like the power of gas at a decent price point, after using a higher-end electric, I would never switch back. The biggest plus is having the auto on-off which turns the motor off when the trigger is released. No idling and no turning it on and off. It is the AR Blue Clean AR630-TSS-HOT. This unit can also be ordered for a lower cost without the hot water seals, but using warm water for winter washing is nice.

I had the MTM Cannon and used it for a couple years, then found the Adam's Cannon made better foam with my pressure washer. Also, at $144.49 with the discount it is less than the MTM.

https://adamspolishes.com/adam-s-foa...ose-combo.html

I have a question. Do you know what fittings or where to get that will turn the hose out of the pressure washer into a quick connect? I have quick connect for the garden hose, but not for the pressure hose. Also how do you connect the Adams snub nose to the pressure hose? The hose for the pressure washer is threaded each end, the quick connect is at the end of the wand that came with the pressure washer, not the end of the hose.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

I would love to get the snub nose, but have no way to connect to the hose. I have searched online, Home Depot, Lowe's, etc, but no luck. The wands that come with a pressure washer attach the same way the the pressure hose connects to the pressure washer. No one seems able to answer this question.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Even the Adams website says couplings are sold separately, but no indication of where? So this will defiantly hurt sales, it is preventing me from purchasing.

Old 03-30-2018, 03:24 PM   #10 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 113 Post(s)

Originally Posted by RAPTORSV View Post
I have a question. Do you know what fittings or where to get that will turn the hose out of the pressure washer into a quick connect? I have quick connect for the garden hose, but not for the pressure hose. Also how do you connect the Adams snub nose to the pressure hose? The hose for the pressure washer is threaded each end, the quick connect is at the end of the wand that came with the pressure washer, not the end of the hose.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

I would love to get the snub nose, but have no way to connect to the hose. I have searched online, Home Depot, Lowe's, etc, but no luck. The wands that come with a pressure washer attach the same way the the pressure hose connects to the pressure washer. No one seems able to answer this question.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Even the Adams website says couplings are sold separately, but no indication of where? So this will defiantly hurt sales, it is preventing me from purchasing.
The Adam's gun has a 3/8" male quick connect, so you need a 3/8" female socket quick connect coupler for your hose.

The variable is what kind of threads are on your hose end. Many hoses are 3/8" NPT threads but they can also be 1/4" NPT or M22.

You can find these quick connects at Home Depot or Lowes which makes it easy to get the correct one by taking the gun and hose with you. Or if you know what threads are in your hose you can order one online.

Once you get the gun, you can also take the male quick connect off and if the threads are the same as your hose, just take the quick connect to the store to match it up.

https://adamspolishes.com/shop/speci...ose-combo.html

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Here's an example of a female coupler with 3/8" NPT threads.

Forney 75129 Pressure Washer Accessories, Quick Coupler Female Socket, 3/8-Inch Female NPT, 4,200 PSI https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003X5PR8Y..._EUOVAb1AS55S5

2014 Tux Screw SE | Truck Covers USA American Roll Cover | Undercover Swing Cases | Bedrug Bedmat | Ford Racing Rear Drop Shackles | Ford Remote Access & Vehicle Security System | Raptor Custom Embroidery Console Cover & Headrests | Sponsored by Adam's Premium Car Care
TheWolf is offline   Reply With Quote