Paint Sealant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well shit-----thought there would be more comments than this! Come on guys we have to keep these trucks looking better than the rest of the goobers out there!!!!:peace:

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well shit-----thought there would be more comments than this! Come on guys we have to keep these trucks looking better than the rest of the goobers out there!!!!:peace:

Is there a safe way to remove minor amounts of orange peel out of factory clear coat paint? Or is it too risky since the paint is so thin?

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To answer your question no. Mine has the OP as well. Just something that if you drive a Ford you have to live with..

That's what I thought, I read both online, but the factory paint seems so thin, I wouldn't risk it. My Mustang doesn't have any noticable OP, but I have seen several F150's with it. I guess it's the luck of the draw.

SERG09

Hi Ho Silver
Reaction score
I started using the Glare products about 5 yrs ago. Really good sealant type products ... especially on dark colors. I believe their claim is 5 yrs in terms of durability. After performing all of the initial steps I have found that I still usually put at least one sometimes two topcoats on my vehicles per year.

I think part of their claim to fame is Air Force One has or maybe still does fly Glare sealants.

Glare is a little pricey and labor intensive initially but I've found the end result worth it.

Pinnacle, Collinite etc are very good products also.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had mine done with nano force-field flex I think it needs a second application or to be buffet out or was supposed to put it on and didn't get done it was a busy month but is being redone for nothing.