Paint Sealant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LD50

Reaction score
I use Opti-Seal and Zaino's sealant I've used both of them on the hood decal. The factory decal is clear coated so it shouldn't be a problem. So far no problems.

STUTIDE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greg
NOTHING better than ZAINO. Zaino Store INCREDIBLE product. See testimonials on site.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

SOrry ANgry Bird - thought Greg asked the original question - LOL Used Zaino for years on every vehicle I own. Testimonials speak for themselves.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think at the dealer I had them put on caltex inside and out put it on the 2008 mini still looks good only waxed it once. hope it holds up with the raptor I did notes the seats need some thing cleaning for shire

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Boss teach us your ways lol. So you use a sealant then layer Pinnacle on top of it the next day?

Ok first and I am going to write this for the serious folks who want to perform the process the correct way for the most spectacular results! This link will provide all of the techniques along with great narrative and videos of how to do this properly as well as product suggestions for those that not familiar with what is out there : Auto Detailing Facts, auto detailing Tips, How to detailing Guides, how to polish, how to wax, DIY detailing, do it yourself guides

First if you can feel any Tiny little trash in your paint while lightly dragging across your hood or roof (primary place for chemical and other fallout) you need to remove it from your paint. This can only be accomplished with a clay bar and lubricant. This process takes a while but is necessary because if you could look using magnification you would see this stuff sticking up embedded in your clear coat like thousands of little daggers. Without going into painful detail because it would take several paragraphs – see the above link and find the video on how to properly clay your paint.

After the paint is smooth then using a yellow Meguires finishing pad the next to softest one they make on the Makita BO6040 on orbital speed 3 maybe 4 if you want to go a little faster apply the Meguires #7 Show Car Glaze per directions. Meguiars #7 Show Car Glaze is a final step auto glaze to enhanced the gloss prior to wax application. Get a show car shine with Meguiars #7 Show Car This is a polish only and when you are finished doing the vehicle it will look like a million bucks after removal of the polish residue with a plush microfiber towel! The paint at this point is completely unprotected “naked” if you will so on to the next step.

The sealer is next to provide maximum protection and provide a base for the Wax to be applied later. There are many products out there but the best that has performed for me is the Meguires #21 NOT #20 because we have clean paint-http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-21-synthetic-sealant-2-0.html Remember to use the softest tan pad to apply this product and BELIEVE ME a little goes a long way. Putting it on thick only wastes product and makes it harder to get off!
After using this product for many years I apply it and let it cure for at least an hour if the temp is over 85 and 2 or 3 if it is under that. For this product letting it sit in the sun helps the polymer cure faster. The more it cures then the easier it comes off –how do you I know this? Well first if it has not cured completely it will come off taking some effort and will leave a haze that takes some wiping with a micro fiber towel to get to a perfect (otherwise leave it as it does not hurt anything lol) shine. When allowed to dry/cure completely come off effortlessly and will shine like a new penny!

Now for the final touch and providing the most protection along with the depth and warmth (wait 6 hours min before adding the wax over the Sealant) WAX---use the softest pad the tan one Quality foam pads from one of the oldest names in automotive care - Meguiars 6.5 inch soft buff dual action foam pads. (btw if you only have one pad make sure and wash it out each a different product is used Dawn is a great soap for this) using if you want to use what I do Pinnacle Souverän™ Carnauba Paste Wax Pinnacle Natural Brilliance, pinnacle car care products, souveran, signature series, carnauba, paintwork cleansing lotion, car wax, paint protection they also make a liquid that is very easy to use or the Meguires #26 Yellow Wax. There are others as well that are good as well but this is what I used when I was showing in competitions. After application let dry for (put on thin—more is not better) and buff with the microfiber towel.

Final note—Never Use Cotton To Remove ANYTHING! It will leave very small scratches (swirls) that looking at the correct angle you can see.