How to clean and make it last ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after buying my 13' tux.. I have never try to clean it my self...been looking thru the detail forum.. and there is too much info.. can some one shrink it down in this thread?

Just a basic clean to wax and seal? what products should I get? I dont want to buy all kindas of stuff.. just some simple one two stuff..

Should I clay my truck before putting my first wax?

and most important... How do u clean a Big A$$ Truck like this?!?!?!?!

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Definitely clay bar before waxing. These trucks throw all kinds of road grime and garbage up on the doors and fenders, not to mention rail dust and brake dust. Clay barring is a tedious process but if you make sure to thoroughly wash your paint first then you should be able to move quickly with the clay. Just remember to keep the clay its self clean and use lots of lube to avoid scratches.

Get yourself a DA polisher for any polishing and waxing/sealing and it's a piece of cake to cover these trucks in no time. There are a lot of big relatively flat surfaces you can cover quickly with a DA.

As for which products if you want to go the Auto Zone/ Wal Mart route I would use the Meguiars "Ultimate Polish" polishing glaze with a foam pad followed by their "Ultimate Wax". I used a combo of products on my previous Raptor (tux black) and was pretty happy with the solution above.

If you want to kick it up a notch, you can support our vendor Adam's Polishes and as a matter of fact I'm sure a quick PM to them will yield the exact answers you're looking for. I haven't tried their paint products yet but their cleaning and interior products truly are better than anything I have bought off the shelf.

Hope this helps

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
u can get decent results from from off the self stuff but as birdman said, u can get top quality stuff from adams and will work and last far better and longer than most. u will want to

wash
clay
seal
glaze
wax

this will not only make the truck look amazing and help protect the paint but will also make the next wash much easier

OP
OP
sniperm

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess Ill pm adams..

Do u guys use some kinda long brush? I saw they sell at costco..

My truck is a street queen.. Lol.. but cant seem to keep it clean for one day..

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
no i use this

Car Wash Pad | Car Wash Detailing | Car Wash Products
83.jpg

adams sells some kits too that may work for u

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay in responding, I've been on the road doing shows.

We offer a handful of great kits to get you started, all depending on what kind of budget you have in mind.

One of our most popular is the Essentials Kit, which gets you everything to wash/clay/wax and many other things in between.

99.jpg

For a little less money, the Basic Wash and Wax Kit is a great one as well.

570.jpg

However, if you realyl want to get serious about it, we have the Ultimate Kit!

984.jpg

Hope that gives you some food for thought, post up of shoot me a PM if you have any other questions!