Adam's, Zaino, or Griot's Garage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mongoose71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Raptor is less than a week old. I need to stock up on cleaners, protectants, an waxes.

When my Tundra was newer, I used a lot of Griot's Garage products. But the new wore off and I started just buying Meguiar's wax and cleaners along with Armour All Protectants and Wal Mart.

The Raptor is my first vehicle with leather, so I need a a good leather protectant. Also this is my first vehicle with Graphics. I would like to find a wax that I can apply to the paint as well as the graphics. I've always applied my wax by hand, but I also have a couple Dewalt varible speed drills, but I'm not sure that I'd like to use them for car detailing...

I won't be driving the Raptor every day and hope that It doesn't see much rain. I would like to find a good quick shine to wipe it down with before taking her out. I use to have good luck with Griot's garage quick shine as well as Lucas detailer spray from the Wally World.

I'm perfectly happy with regular Armour All on my tires, bed caps, bumpers, mud flaps, etc.

Looking at abouve mentioned Company Websites, the variety of products is quite overwhelming. I'm mainly searching for a good long lasting hard wax that will work on my paint and graphics. And maybe a big discount if I place a big order...

f150corey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
chemical guys. check out there line up. they have some good stater kids and i love there product. at the same time adams is a forum sponsor so might wanna throw your business that way

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adams has good quality stuff. They have excellent service as well. They also have a forum discount.

Which graphics do you have? The bedsides are clear coated, so and wax will do. Not sure about the hood, I don't have that. I would assume it's cleared as well.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have always used Zaino and can't say enough good things about their products. Used properly will keep paint like showroom 10 years later. My 2003 350Z looks like it just came off the dealer showroom and its a DD 60 miles round trip with 123,000 on it now after 10 years. Have never used Adam's but a forum vendor should always be worth checking in too.

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would definitely recommend Adam's. I have never been big into the whole "high end" wax, wash & detail thing, but I have ordered their products & am very impressed with the results & ease of use.
You mentioned Armor-all for tires & moldings :puke:
Give Adam's VRT a try & you will be amazed at the difference. I recently applied it to my running boards, bumpers (all line-x) & bak-flip bed cover & much to my surprise it actually brought the color back & is waterproof. On tires, it doesn't make them look too shiny & they clean up real easy next time

I also use their waxes & cleaners on my customer's bikes for detailing.
I have seen an increase in the number of people who compliment & ask what I use on their bikes to make them look so good

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like the look and protection of wax, but don't really enjoy spending a few hours at a pop waxing vehicles. So I paid $400 and got opticoat applied to my truck. It's like a 2nd clear coat. I never wax now. Just wash and detail spray while drying. Stays very hydrophobic, looks freshly waxed but no effort.

How to wash properly is important. A grit guard in your bucket, proper wash mitt, quality shampoo - they're more important than you think if you don't want swirl marks.

For exterior trim, check out Wolfgang exterior trim sealant. I used it on my Roll-X, and everything plastic outside the truck. A little goes a long way, and lasts. My truck is my daily driver, and I treated my Roll-X a few months ago. It still looks perfect.

I like the look of the VRT on my tires, but it doesn't last very well.

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've tried just about everything out there. After I bought Adams, I donated all of my Meguiars, Griots and a few other misc products to my father this weekend. I also passed on all of my microfiber towels as Adams are literally awesome!

Jobsitefish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the 3 brands you mentioned I would suggest you go with Adams. I bought my first order not so long ago and detailed my current truck to put it up for sale before the Raptor is ready and I am very impressed with the results. Easy application, great smell and good results.

Detailing is more of a hobby for me and I have been using the Meguiars line of products for many years.

I still need to use part of the stuff I bought but so far so good.

DRJZ1974

Reaction score
I use Zaino on the outside and Leatherique pristine clean on the leather, dash, door panels etc.