Lower Grill options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heffneil

Reaction score
Hey guys. I don't want to change the entire bumper on the truck. I don't like the lower grill at all. Actually I like the middle section but hate the blank spots on either side. I think the radar for the cruise control is behind one of them and thats a main reason for not getting a new bumper. I saw putco makes a lower gill but its cheap looking. I am looking for something that looks factory but goes left to right the full way. Anyone do anything there?

Thanks!

Neil

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys. I don't want to change the entire bumper on the truck. I don't like the lower grill at all. Actually I like the middle section but hate the blank spots on either side. I think the radar for the cruise control is behind one of them and thats a main reason for not getting a new bumper. I saw putco makes a lower gill but its cheap looking. I am looking for something that looks factory but goes left to right the full way. Anyone do anything there?

Thanks!

Neil

Hey Neil,

What about something like this to dress up the outer bars:
1183.7096.800x600.F183POB.jpg

And then throwing a light bar behind the center grille section:
34162073215_7db426b3bc_b.jpg

You'd add some function with the light and mix up the ends of the bumper to have a more aggressive look.

OP
OP
H

heffneil

Reaction score
Its not the outer area its the little blank flat spots to the left and right of the center. It looks like flat plastic pieces and i hate them :)

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Its not the outer area its the little blank flat spots to the left and right of the center. It looks like flat plastic pieces and i hate them :)

Ahh, I understand. You definitely don't want to put any metal covering on top of the driver side unit since you're ACC sensor is back there.

However, there are relocation options available if you would like to go with an aftermarket bumper!

Heeblet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the center grille light part number or carrier. I love it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
OP
OP
H

heffneil

Reaction score
relocation of the ACC is miserable. I read the directions and I really don't want to go to that trouble.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
relocation of the ACC is miserable. I read the directions and I really don't want to go to that trouble.

I installed the stealth fighter bumper recently and the ACC relocation was actually pretty easy IMO. Just need the right tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
H

heffneil

Reaction score
I installed the stealth fighter bumper recently and the ACC relocation was actually pretty easy IMO. Just need the right tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? The directions I saw looked lengthy and like a real PITA to do it? How long did it take you?

Also did you dump the louvers? I thought the active louvers were worth keeping for highway driving,. I kinda hate removing them? Seems like undermining ford....

Last edited:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Really? The directions I saw looked lengthy and like a real PITA to do it? How long did it take you?

Also did you dump the louvers? I thought the active louvers were worth keeping for highway driving,. I kinda hate removing them? Seems like undermining ford....

Since we're referring to ADD bumpers, the only bumpers that will require an intercooler are the Winch bumpers (Stealth R, Venom R, HoneyBadger, Stealth Fighter), ADD PRO, and ADD Race Series R bumpers. If you go with the Non-Winch version of the Stealth Fighter, Venom R, Stealth R, or Honey Badger, the intercooler is not required.

It's not an overly difficult job. Once you remove the first fin (for installation purposes only), it makes sense how they all release. There is some drilling involved, but it is a straightforward install. And then you put the fins right back in.