Hood needs touched up - Advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just found a small area of my hood that looks like it wasn't painted correctly (lack of paint). It's about .5" high and 1.5" wide. Will any dealer take care of this and get it done right? It's almost so small I hate to deal with it but also want it perfect.

Black Gen 2

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Take it back to Sanderson jet... if I need to call my friends to get it done let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
JetDriver480

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Take it back to Sanderson jet... if I need to call my friends to get it done let me know.

I will email my guy over there tomorrow... Just never have good luck with paint touch ups in my line of work so the thought of touching up my baby puts me on edge.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
I'd be requesting a new coat on the entire hood not just a touch up.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I'd be requesting a new coat on the entire hood not just a touch up.

A good body guy can make this visibly perfect without a full re-paint. I wouldn’t have thought so either but I’ve had it proven to me twice in the last year.

OP
OP
JetDriver480

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sanderson Ford was awesome with this... They are going to need my truck 3 days which will suck but i'll schedule it at a time that works for me. Ford is picking up the tab on it they said (I thought maybe the dealer did it with a orbital buffer)... They said likely the whole hood will need painted.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Sanderson Ford was awesome with this... They are going to need my truck 3 days which will suck but i'll schedule it at a time that works for me. Ford is picking up the tab on it they said (I thought maybe the dealer did it with a orbital buffer)... They said likely the whole hood will need painted.

See.... never hurts to ask [emoji6]. Glad it worked out for you bud.

Reaction score
Sorry to highjack your thread but I was wondering what your paint looks like under the hood and in the engine bay? I have a lightning blue Raptor and under the hood is a flat lighter blue color. Is my first Ford so was wondering if this is normal?

cmacclel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to highjack your thread but I was wondering what your paint looks like under the hood and in the engine bay? I have a lightning blue Raptor and under the hood is a flat lighter blue color. Is my first Ford so was wondering if this is normal?

That's because they don't clear coat under the hood anymore for some strange reason (cost reduction most likely)