Ford Performance Door Sills

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rickoo

Rickoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they look sweet. But are you really worried about scratching them? I ordered custom made stainless steel door seals and I haven't worried one time about them getting scratched. That's what they are there for, right? Best advice if it's really a big deal is don't step on them.

I guess I never even thought door sill plates would ever be a scratch issue.......

Wouldn't say i was worried. Not gonna lose sleep worrying about scratching my truck's door sills.

However, these things look like they could be destroyed pretty easily. My Gen1 were plastic and pretty durable. Where on earth did you find stainless door sills? And why would you want them?

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wouldn't say i was worried. Not gonna lose sleep worrying about scratching my truck's door sills.

However, these things look like they could be destroyed pretty easily. My Gen1 were plastic and pretty durable. Where on earth did you find stainless door sills? And why would you want them?

Why WOULDN'T you want stainless steel sill plates? There was a guy on here that did a limited run of them earlier this year. My 2014 SE didn't come with sill plates. There is a little plastic trim piece that holds the door trim on, but nothing that covered the whole sill area. That's what these do, they cover the metal sill all the way up to the plastic trim piece......

These:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f10/door-sill-protector-stainless-30547/?highlight=sill+plates

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, just go to anyplace that does PPF and ask if the have any pieces you could buy, have them cut to the length you want. Easy installation.

TheProcessoperator

Reaction score
I want to order an extra door sill (says Ford Performance) and stick it in the slot in the passengers dash below the airbag and above the glovebox. Just by eyeballing it, looks like it will fit.

Reaction score
Ruby red is unaware of what you are referring to. The gen 1 sill plates were grey plastic that said "ford" on them. The stainless sill plates he mentions fit over the painted area.