Whipple tune only

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that.

I was misinformed.

Can I ask a question to Whipple?

I already have your intercooler. Fabulous quality. Even though I’m a tough customer, I know good stuff when I see it. Update the directions to tear off the stock intercooler fan shroud though. It could trip people up.

I have run or owned virtually every major tune for the raptor. It’s a hobby of mine.

Can I return to stock and buy your tomahawk tuner... install your tune.... play with it.... then flash back to stock and reinstall one of my other tunes with the n gauge?

Or is it going to change my stock file when I flash yours?

I’d love to be able to stop running my mouth and just see what this tune is all about!

QUOTE=Whipple Charged;1234081]If you request a stock tune, we send it. Our Tomahawk instructions state this, if stock tune is needed, request and we will send in 24-48 hours. But if you a custom tune, you would be better of returning to stock so you can keep that cal if needed.

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Our dyno runs were in the heat of our miserable Fresno summer. The outside temp was 93, dyno room temp was 98, starting temp for the run was 111 (IAT).

The intercooler makes more power by itself, cool or hot. By itself, we saw on average 15 ft/lbs and 10hp. Nothing you can really feel but helps hold more consistent on the road where temps creep up.

The air intake also helps make a bit more. The calibration of course is the biggest key to the power gains.[/QUOTE]

Nate19

Reaction score
Is this Ford Racing tune worth waiting for, or will returning to stock after using a Whipple tune keep warranty intact?

Everyone has a different opinion on break in miles. When do you guys feel it's safe to start tuning?

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I usually say one oil change. Then you can eyeball your engine juice and see that things look good too.

Ford isn’t likely to ever release a tune, per whipple. Whipple was going to be the Ford Performance Tune before Ford got behind in the process.

Also, per whipple, no tune will carry a warranty. Not ford. Not whipple. No one.

Whipple completely integrates into the ECU, Ford style. You’re never going to stand a chance keeping that tune discreet.

Those that tune via the NGauge leave less of a footprint, but if they want to look hard enough they find read the flash counter on the ECU and find evidence of alterations. They just can’t see what was altered. That’s going to be dealer to dealer.

If you have a good relationship with your dealer and plan to routinely buy $80,000 trucks... they will be more inclined to not look too hard.

Is this Ford Racing tune worth waiting for, or will returning to stock after using a Whipple tune keep warranty intact?

Everyone has a different opinion on break in miles. When do you guys feel it's safe to start tuning?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you have a good relationship with your dealer and plan to routinely buy $80,000 trucks... they will be more inclined to not look too hard.

This is mostly incorrect. If someone blows a motor on a 'stock truck', you can bet your ass Ford Corp. will send some goons out to see (investigate) WTF happened... your dealer will have their hands tied no matter how many trucks you buy from them. Dealers can get away with a lot in terms of looking the other way, but most catastrophic warranty claims will have the engineers involved to see how to prevent such things in the future.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No that’s true

Big ticket items are going to trigger a regional Rep visit. What is going to make or break that encounter is also the relationship the dealer has with that rep and with you, their customer.

The bigger the dealer and the larger their sales volume the more influence they have over everything.

Dealership near me is one of the largest in the country. They have a tremendous amount of influence. They were even able to bump some of their allocations when the 17s came out.

This is mostly incorrect. If someone blows a motor on a 'stock truck', you can bet your ass Ford Corp. will send some goons out to see (investigate) WTF happened... your dealer will have their hands tied no matter how many trucks you buy from them. Dealers can get away with a lot in terms of looking the other way, but most catastrophic warranty claims will have the engineers involved to see how to prevent such things in the future.

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I blew a transmission on a heavily modified Dodge SRT-4 when I was younger. I had a good relationship with the dealer. They replaced the tranny under warranty and even swapped out my race clutch from the old tranny.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No that’s true

Big ticket items are going to trigger a regional Rep visit. What is going to make or break that encounter is also the relationship the dealer has with that rep and with you, their customer.

The bigger the dealer and the larger their sales volume the more influence they have over everything.

Dealership near me is one of the largest in the country. They have a tremendous amount of influence. They were even able to bump some of their allocations when the 17s came out.

I blew a transmission on a heavily modified Dodge SRT-4 when I was younger. I had a good relationship with the dealer. They replaced the tranny under warranty and even swapped out my race clutch from the old tranny.

Yes there are always exceptions, but when corp gets involved it's usually out of the dealer's hands.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I Think you are hitting the bottom line.

If you tune your truck.... or add performance items that are not genuine Ford parts... there is a significant chance your warranty isn’t going to hold up if your truck breaks.

The more damage there is... the more likely you’re going to be in trouble.

I would not tune or heavily modify a vehicle without being prepared to pay for repairs.

Yes there are always exceptions, but when corp gets involved it's usually out of the dealer's hands.