Raptor 2017 oil leak first week!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jms4993

Reaction score
Ford Raptor 2017 Oil Leak Continuation
1. I apologize as I was too optimistic to think my problem listed above was fixed.
2.I drove the Raptor after picking it up late Friday afternoon home and around town and Freeways over weekend for about 200 miles total. ( no off road riding, no 4 wheel driving, max speed about 75 mph, no stomping on tubes for extending periods). I checked for oil leak Sunday am, and today- Monday am-no leak. I turned on engine and left for a short errand after checking today-Monday.
3. When I came back I noticed a tire tread imprint and wet areas on driveway. I parked next to the driveway on pavers when I came back. I opened the garage to find a huge puddle of oil.
4. The brand new 2 week old Raptor is back at the dealers.
I will update as I find out info. I think I have a beautiful Red Raptor Lemon!

TheTip247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an oil and tranny leak as well. They replaced the oil pan, oil pan gasket and tranny pan gasket. They noted that some of the tranny pan bolts were loose when they removed the pan. 2 weeks later no leaks but going back in the shop for a different reason tomorrow.

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a leaking oil pan as well. Going to dealer tomorrow, sucks luckily we found it installing the brakes.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are they just not tightening the bolts or over tightening? I will add this to my check list. Still waiting for mine. Eta April 10th.

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They went through a short phase of saving their strength for hoisting cold ones at the end of the day. The fasteners are finger tight.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No telling. I understand that things go wrong. I just want things to get better for all ford owners. I bleed ford blue. I have seen that ford does look into certain sites. Maybe it will change some things.

marmot99

Reaction score
Agree Raptize, hope I didnt jump ship on my 14' to quickly. I usually have a no buy on 1st model year rule, but felt since its based on the F150 which has been out since 15' they'd have all the little issues ironed out