From MPT back to PC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, probably gonna eat crap for this...but, I've uninstalled MPT tunes and gone back to stock with the Pedal Commander. After 5,500 miles of running the tune, the truck started to downshift hard from 6th to 5th gear. All upshifts were perfect. It would only make the hard downshifts once the trans came up to operating temperature. It would downshift fine if the truck was cold. I re-flashed the truck, thinking there was a glitch in the programming that may resolve itself. Ran it for another 1,000 miles...No Go. Decided to return to stock, reinstalled my PC, and the truck is back to normal. I noticed that FORD has programmed the truck to downshift from 6th to 4th. They more than likely did this to keep everything smooth. Think I'm gonna stick with my current set up. Hope this helps anyone on the fence between MPT and PC.

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would certainly reach out to MPT, a tune should work better than the PC. I bought a PC since I did not want to push a tune to the truck quite yet.

OP
OP
kandewinn

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would certainly reach out to MPT, a tune should work better than the PC. I bought a PC since I did not want to push a tune to the truck quite yet.

To be fair to MPT, I have not yet reached out to them, but I do plan on doing so. The tune is amazing, and it may only be a glitch with my tune. I'm positive that they will attempt to resolve the issue.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your truck. You do what you gotta do and what you like running.

Must feel like you are driving a Hyundai now.

Lol

Alright guys, probably gonna eat crap for this...but, I've uninstalled MPT tunes and gone back to stock with the Pedal Commander. After 5,500 miles of running the tune, the truck started to downshift hard from 6th to 5th gear. All upshifts were perfect. It would only make the hard downshifts once the trans came up to operating temperature. It would downshift fine if the truck was cold. I re-flashed the truck, thinking there was a glitch in the programming that may resolve itself. Ran it for another 1,000 miles...No Go. Decided to return to stock, reinstalled my PC, and the truck is back to normal. I noticed that FORD has programmed the truck to downshift from 6th to 4th. They more than likely did this to keep everything smooth. Think I'm gonna stick with my current set up. Hope this helps anyone on the fence between MPT and PC.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kandewinn

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No crap to eat. Your truck. You do what you gotta do and what you like running.

Must feel like you are driving a Hyundai now.

Lol

Different for sure. I have sent an email to MPT, will see what they recommend...will keep you posted. For sure, I would not be happy driving stock without the PC after running the tune...feels like a dog!!

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Are you saying that the truck with PC feels nearly as powerful as the tune?

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No he’s saying you’re an internet troll otherwise known as Sasquatch77.

breh, i get it, you love nut swinging.
you ever heard of dont start no shit, wont be no shit?

what he said was nothing to do with trolling, i honestly would like to know the answer too.

OP
OP
kandewinn

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No he’s saying you’re an internet troll otherwise known as Sasquatch77.

I was waiting for him to chime in

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

PC is not as quick as MPT, and does nothing to raise speed limiter. PC is quick off the line, but drops off middle to top end. MPT will Redline you through every gear if you let it and peg the speedo. If they can figure out the hard downshift, I would be inclined to re-flash.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was waiting for him to chime in

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

PC is not as quick as MPT, and does nothing to raise speed limiter. PC is quick off the line, but drops off middle to top end. MPT will Redline you through every gear if you let it and peg the speedo. If they can figure out the hard downshift, I would be inclined to re-flash.
Have you sent a datalog to them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter