GEN 2 Gas Milage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kieth

Reaction score
Hello all,

I did not see this on the forum when I searched so thought I would post and see what others have been seeing.

I have a new Raptor (2017) got it last week (Super Crew), and took it for a drive this weekend to road test it. I have 93 Octain in it. I am getting around 15.8-16 mpg with it on the highway. I was doing an average cruse speed of 81, and am on second tank of gas and was getting the same. Is that what others are seeing? Wondering what the suggested speed to get to the 18+mpg might be. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kieth

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I did not see this on the forum when I searched so thought I would post and see what others have been seeing.

I have a new Raptor (2017) got it last week (Super Crew), and took it for a drive this weekend to road test it. I have 93 Octain in it. I am getting around 15.8-16 mpg with it on the highway. I was doing an average cruse speed of 81, and am on second tank of gas and was getting the same. Is that what others are seeing? Wondering what the suggested speed to get to the 18+mpg might be. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kieth

That's exactly the same as I am getting. SCAB with 3k miles now. Current tank is at 16.2mpg. Overall avg is 15mpg. I also drive at 70-85mph a lot of the time so it brings the mpg down.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
lol i get 13.4-13.8 in town and 15.9 was the best i got on the highway at 75 in my 2013.

sounds like all that engineering paid off.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello all,

Thanks,
Kieth
Probably around 60-65 MPH. I haven't been on the interstate yet where I would usually be doing about 75-80 MPH. My normal speed on local highways is around 60-65 and my lifetime avg. @ 2679 miles is 18.2 MPGs. FWIW, my truck had 99 miles on it when I picked it up and the dealer cleared the trip 1 and 2 gauges.

Attachments

• SAM_0610.jpg
    SAM_0610.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 163

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the fuel efficiency sweet spot is 65mph.

.. it's reassuring to know that if you need to conserve fuel you CAN stretch the mileage by hanging back.

OP
OP
K

Kieth

Reaction score
Thanks all. I will test out mine at 65 mph and see what my mpg is.

Kieth

flea_sly

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1500 miles on mine and use 93 octane.

Between highway, city, and curvy roads I'm averaging right at 15.9

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
wow, I must drive way to fast, 13.2 city, all the time. best was 15.5 hiway@75mph.