Fake engine noise + custom exhaust.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKSteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed a replacement exhaust and not switched off the fake engine sound? Does it sound weird together? Like two different exhaust pitches?

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised any one can hear it. To be honest, my exhaust sounds louder with it turned off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

AKSteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To answer my own question.... I had my Borla type S exhaust installed today and I don't think I can even hear the fake engine noise anymore over the sound of the Borla exhaust. I guess at some point I'll still use the Forscan software to switch it off.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I turned mine off a while ago and don't miss it at all - waiting to make a decision on the borla type S once their tips are ready

Last edited:

darkneo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To answer my own question.... I had my Borla type S exhaust installed today and I don't think I can even hear the fake engine noise anymore over the sound of the Borla exhaust. I guess at some point I'll still use the Forscan software to switch it off.
How do you like it?

OP
OP
A

AKSteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you like it?

Yesterday, I wasn't sure if I liked it at all. Today, I love it. When I picked the truck up after the install, I started it and revved the engine and wondered if I'd made a big mistake because it wasn't loud or aggressive sounding at all. After driving it around for a while, I wasn't happy with the sound at lower throttle levels, but thought it sounded pretty good when you really step on it.

It's gotten louder and better sounding throughout the throttle range over the past 2 days. I've put about 250 miles on my truck since yesterday morning and it just keeps sounding better and better. I guess exhausts need to be broken in before they open up and make their true sound known. By the end of the day today, I decided that I love the sound now. It really wails when you stomp on the gas.

Speaking of which, I've been nailing the throttle so much the past 2 days that my gas mileage has gone down to 12.3mpg from about 15.5mpg. I've also started racing cars when it seems like they're trying to get ahead of me. I destroyed some guy in a slightly older Subaru WRX as well as a new BMW 1 Series (not sure which one). Btw, I used to think BMW drivers were the worst, but I think Subaru drivers have passed them by as far as who drives the most like an *******.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, I wasn't sure if I liked it at all. Today, I love it. When I picked the truck up after the install, I started it and revved the engine and wondered if I'd made a big mistake because it wasn't loud or aggressive sounding at all. After driving it around for a while, I wasn't happy with the sound at lower throttle levels, but thought it sounded pretty good when you really step on it.

It's gotten louder and better sounding throughout the throttle range over the past 2 days. I've put about 250 miles on my truck since yesterday morning and it just keeps sounding better and better. I guess exhausts need to be broken in before they open up and make their true sound known. By the end of the day today, I decided that I love the sound now. It really wails when you stomp on the gas.

Speaking of which, I've been nailing the throttle so much the past 2 days that my gas mileage has gone down to 12.3mpg from about 15.5mpg. I've also started racing cars when it seems like they're trying to get ahead of me. I destroyed some guy in a slightly older Subaru WRX as well as a new BMW 1 Series (not sure which one). Btw, I used to think BMW drivers were the worst, but I think Subaru drivers have passed them by as far as who drives the most like an *******.

Lol here in CO Subaru drivers are always causing wrecks in the bad weather [emoji23]

The only save driving system they have is known as PARK.

darkneo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wait for the Borla is killing me... They keep saying next week, it's been 3 weeks. Oh well, at least I was able to switch from the Atak to the S type.

Dachuri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised any one can hear it. To be honest, my exhaust sounds louder with it turned off!

Agree. I'll end up installing an aftermarket exhaust after Borla and Corsa both have final products to compare but the stock exhaust has grown on me. Might be because my truck somehow came from the dealer/Dearborn with the fake noise disabled and I've been listening to it pure since day 1. I didn't think I was hearing much from the speakers but when I plugged in my FORScan to run through my list of adjustments, I found the fake engine noise already coded to disable.