Engine oil pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptortorres

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a 17 Raptor with 4,000 miles and I was on the freeway. I stepped on the gas to pass a car then I lost power and the low oil pressure light turned on. I took it to ford 3 days ago and the oil was actually low. I'm still waiting for a response. Any one with this problem or heard about this. Oh and no oil leaks!

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a 17 Raptor with 4,000 miles and I was on the freeway. I stepped on the gas to pass a car then I lost power and the low oil pressure light turned on. I took it to ford 3 days ago and the oil was actually low. I'm still waiting for a response. Any one with this problem or heard about this. Oh and no oil leaks!

I have had this issue with my 2018 as well. Both times were in sport mode at 5000 RPM I heard something like a 'bang', oil pressure dropped to red, and lost gas pedal response for a moment. The first time the dealership said oil was low, the second time oil was normal but said it might be a faulty sensor. No confirmation on sensor ATM.

jpar247

Reaction score
Just had the same thing happen to me racing a C6 Z06. Was neck and neck thru third and then cut power. Low Oil Pressure P0524 I think.

Checked my OP on my Accessport and it was showing pressure(around 30psi). It was a solid 4x4 launch. Thought it had something to do with the high speed in 4x4.

Guess I'll have to try and recreate it

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What i have read on other ecoboost forums , Drag racing mostly street trucks are running 6 1/2 quarts of oil . 1/2 quart over fill . Hard boost launch can cause sump to run dry for split second. You definitely don't want to be a quart down and sustained high rpms or boost launching .

Last edited:

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What i have read on other ecoboost forums , Drag racing mostly street trucks are running 6 1/2 quarts of oil . 1/2 quart over fill . Hard boost launch can cause sump to run dry for split second. You definitely don't want to be a quart down and sustained high rpms or boost launching .
Full Race has been working with the EB platform since the beginning and they’ve always recommended 1/2 qt overfill for this reason.