10 Speed Trans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
either I'm blind or there is no hp ratings in that article...

Nope, just torque.

590ftlb/800nm seems way too low for a transmission designed for, at first, the ZL1 and Raptor(weight).
Unless the ZL1 got a beefier one, which I doubt.

Any source to that 800nm claim? Or how reliable that website is?

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always thought the 'Rxx" was in hundreds of pounds. An R80 should be good for 800lbs.

Besides, Ford wouldn't ship a truck with 510lbs of torque with a transmission that can only handle 590.

zsommer79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Besides, Ford wouldn't ship a truck with 510lbs of torque with a transmission that can only handle 590.

They might, seems like Ford always likes to put a couple pieces on the vehicles that are fine stock but become weak links when you start turning things up with after market pieces.

A couple examples would be the rods on the GT500 or the block on the RS only being rated to 420ft-lbs.

Up until now Ford has been using the fuel pump as a limiting factor as well with the ecoboost motors. Switching to dual fueling with port and direct injection on the new 3.5 it will be interesting to see what an aftermarket tune does for them on e85.

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They might, seems like Ford always likes to put a couple pieces on the vehicles that are fine stock but become weak links when you start turning things up with after market pieces.

A couple examples would be the rods on the GT500 or the block on the RS only being rated to 420ft-lbs.

Up until now Ford has been using the fuel pump as a limiting factor as well with the ecoboost motors. Switching to dual fueling with port and direct injection on the new 3.5 it will be interesting to see what an aftermarket tune does for them on e85.

the addition of port feeling may have been done to address the carbon fouling on the backside of intake valves

zsommer79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the addition of port feeling may have been done to address the carbon fouling on the backside of intake valves

Yes I am sure it was but it is a nice perk to be able to turn these motors up without having to add secondary fueling or buying a bigger pump.