Will Ford drop the v8 in the Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
azmcs,
The problem is that this same topic has been rehashed dozens and dozens of times. Someone heard from someone that knows someone that has inside info that will shake the Raptor community out of the V6 cesspool. Never mind that the 3.5 twin turbo is lighter, faster and stronger than the dinosaur 6.2.... After a while you can't help but jump in and have some fun.
Wait until it get's out about the quad turbo W12 Chiron 1,465 hp is for real!

Attachments

• ChironQuadTurbo8LW16.jpg
    ChironQuadTurbo8LW16.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 75

JackFrostXTR

Reaction score
I find it hard to believe they'll drop a V8 into the 2019. The '19 is going to start orders in June or July. For them to be ready, it would mean that they would have had to do design, testing and modifications for the last year or two, while selling the V6 Gen2's. Maybe Ford doesn't care, but that seems like a pretty sh*tty thing to be doing while having delivery problems on the Gen2. Also seems they could be opening themselves to some liability.

I have no doubt there is a 7.0L V8 being developed, but I would believe it's a replacement for the 6.8L SuperDuty truck, not an engine for the Raptor.

For what it's worth, the customization guys I've been working with say Ford won't go back to a V8 for these trucks. TTV6 is just too easy to tune, modify, etc.

I'm holding out for the Raptor -Chiron option...

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
im not a v6 hater by any means i swear.

i however do not understand why they did not put the 5.0 with a SC on it from the factory. damn the gas mileage lol i didnt buy a prius, **** your couch.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thank the government

ok so i thought it was the CAFE laws but it honestly doesnt look like it is. its not tied to specific vehicles, its to the company as a whole and once a truck or vehicle is a certain weight, the standards shoot up.

i mean it likely is and i am just looking at it from an outsider on a computer and not from within the company. but damn still, at least give us the option.
or the option for a base 5.0 for cheap and ill slap a turbo on the damn thing.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i however do not understand why they did not put the 5.0 with a SC on it from the factory

Because they're pushing ecoboost like crazy and pretty soon they're going to be releasing hybrid f150s, mustangs, and whatever the mach 1 is supposed to be. At NAIAS they announced they're more than doubling their investment in polar bear friendly technology. To me it only seems like it's getting worse, not better.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

7.0L (twin 3.5L) with 800HP

QkyWmDN.png

That makes no sense. 450 * 2 = 900

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ok so i thought it was the CAFE laws but it honestly doesnt look like it is. its not tied to specific vehicles, its to the company as a whole and once a truck or vehicle is a certain weight, the standards shoot up.

i mean it likely is and i am just looking at it from an outsider on a computer and not from within the company. but damn still, at least give us the option.
or the option for a base 5.0 for cheap and ill slap a turbo on the damn thing.

From an engineering perspective, the V6TT really is the ideal solution from a power/weight/efficiency/cost standpoint. If someone is nostalgic for a V8, no doubt RAM will be selling 20th century designs for another couple of decades.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Because they're pushing ecoboost like crazy and pretty soon they're going to be releasing hybrid f150s, mustangs, and whatever the mach 1 is supposed to be. At NAIAS they announced they're more than doubling their investment in polar bear friendly technology. To me it only seems like it's getting worse, not better.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

That makes no sense. 450 * 2 = 900

added drag, power isn't linear...

should put down about 620 to the wheels though!

:win: