Gen 2 with Detroit locker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jetjock15

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey just wanted to know if anyone has installed a full time rachet locker in a gen 2. Just to see if it causes any issue with any of the systems. Codes don’t bother me but dash lights do like wrench or whatever. Mines a 19. I know what the factory system does and doesn’t do. I’ve had detroits in all my trucks from towing to racing. Just a preferance. About to order one just figured I’d ask about any issues with unplugging the oem ELD?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Hey just wanted to know if anyone has installed a full time rachet locker in a gen 2. Just to see if it causes any issue with any of the systems. Codes don’t bother me but dash lights do like wrench or whatever. Mines a 19. I know what the factory system does and doesn’t do. I’ve had detroits in all my trucks from towing to racing. Just a preferance. About to order one just figured I’d ask about any issues with unplugging the oem ELD?
Now that is interesting. Hopefully there is a way to keep the sensor in tact and connected, if needed to keep the lights off.

Enjoy your kapows making the turns in the grocery store parking lot.

OP
OP
Jetjock15

Jetjock15

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys are not overly helpful heh. The new detroits are smooth and you hardly know it’s there. When you run long trips in desert or wherever where you only need 4wd few times, the Detroit will get you through and you don’t have to go into and out of 4wd. It’s just a preference

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
You guys are not overly helpful heh. The new detroits are smooth and you hardly know it’s there. When you run long trips in desert or wherever where you only need 4wd few times, the Detroit will get you through and you don’t have to go into and out of 4wd. It’s just a preference
I hope you didn't think I was being harsh. I like the idea of a real detroit locker. I miss the way mine would randomly unload in parking lots and scare people.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What do you want? Me to install it for you?

To be helpful I would say, we need to get @Swarfworks to make more of these. Cheaper/faster and better than Detroit.

OP
OP
Jetjock15

Jetjock15

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do what for me? The install or the ordering, did you read the question. Think the question was crystal clear brother. Asking if anyone has run one and their experience. The swarfworks is interesting but been out of stock as long as I’ve known about them. Read a direct wire to aux switch post on here so another option. However I much prefer the trail manners of the Detroit over full
Locked spool or ELD

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jetjock15

Jetjock15

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ARB.

I have the @Swarfworks module on the bench, waiting to be installed for my Gen 2. Sign up for the email notification and be ready to buy once you get the email. They sell out fast.
Yessir. Been on the email list for awhile now. Surely would try it first before dropping in a new unit if they become available. I found this forum via search seems a member did a direct connect to aux switch. Again, I’d prefer a Detroit but worth trying the bypass since it’s cheap/free

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter