Warranty Service Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to provide an update on some warranty work I had done. Like a few others on the forum, I had a very minor oil pan leak. Also, an airbag warning light came on. My dealer had my truck for 9 days, but it appears that they addressed the issues. I just took a 700+ mile road trip over the weekend and no sign of any oil leak and no airbag light. For the oil leak the new pan and silicon seal was allowed to sit overnight before they filled with oil the next day. And for the air bag light, the service tech said that part of a wiring harness under the passenger seat was cracked/broken (during assembly at the factory) and they replaced that harness. No other issues with the truck so far and I really love it. I’m hoping these issues were just a couple minor hiccups and all will be good going forward.

PS: Averaged 17.1 mpg overall on the road trip (15.5 going up w/a crazy headwind and 18.7 coming down)

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good news but dam 9 days. Was there any reason it took so long? I am still waiting on the oil pan to come off back order.

OP
OP
G

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good news but dam 9 days. Was there any reason it took so long? I am still waiting on the oil pan to come off back order.

I know, 9 days was brutal and a little crazy. I've never had any previous car in service for that long. They said it was because they had to wait a couple days for the parts to come in for the oil pan leak, then it took a couple days to trouble shoot/track down the airbag issue and order the new part.

I was freaking out though, with thoughts of them tearing apart my new truck, denting it while moving all the other cars in/out for service, shoddy work, damaging the interior while they pulled out the seats, etc. However, I inspected every inch of the undercarriage, exterior and interior and check all bolts, screws and fasteners, and everything looks perfect. Whew... I feel like I dodged a bullet. So, let's hope that is the last of any long service issues.

Taco, good luck with your truck and keep us posted if the issue gets resolved with this fix. I'm going to keep an eye on my oil pan and will update this thread if it starts leaking again.