Are the warning labels on the visor removable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joec

Reaction score
I picked up my new black Raptor and was peeling off dealer stickers...
On the visor there are a couple of warning labels (Airbag - tip over warnings), I tried to peel them off, but I think they are meant to be permanent.
Does anyone know if these come off?

UPDATE to show the size of the stickers - If someone makes some cool stickers to put on top - let me now, I'll buy them.
stickers2.jpg

Last edited:

tipnring

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed one off of my Tahoe & it left a glue residue on the visor. I was able to get it off using Goo Gone. I think it would have been better just to leave it on.

Last edited:

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heat Gun or remove completely and steam iron with towel over to remove

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Heat Gun or remove completely and steam iron with towel over to remove

Yea! I used a clothes steamer that has a hose and nozzle but be careful not to get the visor to hot you could damage it. Pic for reference.

5312e87de86af3368713b6d66095bc79.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GMAN62465

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will see if I can round up the info but I bought vinyl decals custom-made to put over mine on my Avalanche....

I'm sure our friend Josh at
rappygraphics.com could easily generate something awesome for this as well

If you provide a good measurement of the size of the decals they will make them custom fit to order with a graphic or saying of your choice

I find that they look much better when you apply them to the original sticker that's there... it's a much smoother mating surface than having the fuzzy material underneath after you remove the old sticker

GMAN
842b24845cc7c3ff505874b9c1248f56.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

sher-bant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will see if I can round up the info but I bought vinyl decals custom-made to put over mine on my Avalanche....

I'm sure our friend Josh at
rappygraphics.com could easily generate something awesome for this as well

If you provide a good measurement of the size of the decals they will make them custom fit to order with a graphic or saying of your choice

I find that they look much better when you apply them to the original sticker that's there... it's a much smoother mating surface than having the fuzzy material underneath after you remove the old sticker

GMAN
842b24845cc7c3ff505874b9c1248f56.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
That's a really good idea.

Applies to all vehicles that have those nasty stickers.
...******* lawyers.

SamfromTX

Reaction score
Rubbing alcohol!!! Go slow but persistent circular motion with a soaked rag/microfiber, will get it out with no damage to the visor and no residue.

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A dude on a facebook group started his, I never even thought about taking them off until i saw his post..

After he got labels off, Dan said to get the glue off "Heated it up, used rubbing alcohol followed by goo gone. Worked well. In the pic only the drivers side was done"

kEZZcFm.png

FUG2X5H.png

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's showing a lot of residue, goo gone with some patience will make it look like it was never there. The steam cleaner works like a charm, but not everyone has access to one.