GEN 2 V6 Eco-boost engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
Faster around a track than any V8-powered car in the world.
FORD GT's 3.5L V6 EB is almost identical to the one in the '17 RAPTOR.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From the article: "The GT's 647hp, 746Nm of torque and 0-100km/h time of 2.8 seconds come courtesy of a V6 Eco-boost engine, almost identical to the one the company uses in the Raptor pickup."

What are the actual differences between the Raptor's EcoBoost V6 and the GT's? Does anyone know?

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a thread on this earlier, but apparently the turbos are different, and the heads are reworked to flow better. Since no one has a spare Ford GT engine to tear down and confirm, details are limited.

Ruri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the next engine option for the Raptor will be an ultra high output V6 Eco boost. Larger turbos or more boost like this Ford GT

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I doubt they can / will push the tranny and driveline a lot further than what is in this truck. The e-Locker is already disabled in 2WD because of the torque. The rear is too light for a ton more HP.

Last edited:

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I doubt they can / will push the tranny and driveline a lot further than what is in this truck. The e-Locker is already disabled because of the torque. The rear is too light for a ton more HP.

You know they use the same tranny in the zl1 camaro, right?