Towing question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorxb21

Reaction score
I tow a 21' bass boat weighing apx 3k lbs and a 18' trailer apx 4k lbs. Currently have an f150 fx4 with airbags and it's leveled real nice when needed. I won't get my raptor til march 2017.

Question is, can airbags be installed on a raptor?

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor is rated somewhere around 7500 to 8 I do believe! I'd skip the air bags for this truck

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
No air bags needed. I have towed my crawler for 18K miles since I bought my 2011 Crew, total weight is 7k. Never a problem. I am sure my 17 will be just as good.

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tow a 21' bass boat weighing apx 3k lbs and a 18' trailer apx 4k lbs. Currently have an f150 fx4 with airbags and it's leveled real nice when needed. I won't get my raptor til march 2017.

Question is, can airbags be installed on a raptor?

(edit) I know this doesn't answer your airbag question....but for ref: Here are the weights. Looks like you may be going over the factory ratings unless you have the Screw and a Weight Distr hitch.

'17 Raptor Supplemental manual: Page 25:

Attachments

• Tow.jpg
    Tow.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

butts182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think the OP is going to pull his bass boat and the 4K lb trailer at the same time. I believe he is saying those are 2 separate trailers. Therefore, he will not be exceeding the recommended loading.