Thinking of pulling the trigger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MyRaptorArk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back last year I was shopping for a new truck, lariat fx4 loaded. I lost my job and finally find a new job with better pay. That being said I have started my shopping again for a F150. I am over in Afghanistan and talk to the car sales guys here on base about the F150 and Raptor. Told them I will most likely take a delivery sometime next summer, that gives me time to rebuild my credit for being pretty much unemployed. While I loved the previous Raptor, I love the new one even more. the one thing I didn't enjoy about the past Raptor was the gas mileage. So with that I have decided to get a 2017 Raptor. Going thru the sales guy out here I can get one with the 7yr extended warranty and still save a good chunk of change. For example if I was to order a 2017 F150 FX4 they could save me about 4k. I go to talk to them in about 2 weeks to see about putting an order down on a Raptor. I know the order banks aren't open yet but what they do here is; a build for an F150 so I can put my deposit down, and when the raptor becomes available they just switch my deposit to the raptor. And not picking it up till next summer gives me time to put some more money down. Now just waiting to see what all options and packages come with it.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Do not put money down to order one truck and expect to switch it to a Raptor when they become available. If you want to order a Raptor wait until you can order a Raptor. You are setting yourself up to be screwed.

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
Silver Bolt is right. Also, if you want more information about the new Raptor such as options and possible packages, there's an entire thread in the "sticky" section of this area devoted to the current facts. I suggest you check that out.

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with the other two posters - I would not put money down on a vehicle until it is actually available to order. Should be November 2016 according to my sources.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought my raptor through aafes. Do not give them any money unless it is for exactly what you want. No matter what they say.

Btw, i saved like $7k off msrp at the time.

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your dealer is just guessing.

Launch Timing
! 7/18: 17MY F-150 Order Bank opens
! 8/1-8/11: 17MY F-150 S/U Wholesale
! ~Nov ’16: 17MY Raptor OKTB

! Raptor will be built at Dearborn Truck ONLY
Allocation Methodology
! Units will be allocated to the Region and manually scheduled (like 14MY)
! Regional Allocation based on 70% prior model Raptor Sales / 30% F-150 sales share of Nation

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So he's pretty sure he'll get an allocation (you do realize he may be trumped by other more high volume dealers in the SW)?

There's no guarantee that he'll get one allocated so your taking some risk and reducing your options and potentially pro-longing your delivery date while he waits for his allocation.

Once the order banks open up, you place an order and make a deposit, nothing more, nothing less. Keep it simple and you'll be glad you did.

This business about order one truck then we'll switch it, seems like an exercise in frustration waiting to happen.

He'd just as soon sell you one truck then buy it back towards a new raptor so you eat the depreciation of the truck "while you wait for a raptor".

Last edited: