GEN 2 Tailgate problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dachuri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stupid question, is it locked? I'm sure you know the FOB locks the tailgate as well as the cab doors but just a thought to make sure it's unlocked.

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you do an aftermarket spray liner? Some folks here have had difficulty getting it open after having the liner sprayed. Try searching because I feel like this has happened to someone here already.

Found it, it was on FB

Update on this, I was able to get my tailgate to work. Shawn was correct with the fix. Push against the tailgate with a moderate amount of force and press the button at the same time. When it folded down I inspected the lines. It looks the same as yours Rory. There was some overspray in the lock mechanism that I removed and I have to shave down the rubber stoppers. But that's about it. Drops free again. Thank you to everyone for the input

Last edited:

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i got mine line-x'd they told me to leave the tailgate down for 24 hours to make sure that the tailgate would not stick to the bed. Did you by chance recently get your bed sprayed?

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird, why would it stick to the bed? Line-x dries almost instantly.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird, why would it stick to the bed? Line-x dries almost instantly.

I asked the same question. The guy told me its rare, but they have had it happen a few times so now they just leave the tailgates down for a day to make sure that it cures completely.

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It also helps to remove the rubber stoppers where the tailgate contacts the bed, the added thickness of the spray can make it a tight fit.

cmacclel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It also helps to remove the rubber stoppers where the tailgate contacts the bed, the added thickness of the spray can make it a tight fit.

The rubber stoppers are to keep it from rattling right? I wouldn't want to remove them maybe trim them down a little if it's a issue?