Red light bar on top of dash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the red light bar on top of dash near windshield does or is? I see it light up when I enter the car but nothing otherwise.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I seen my light up the other night when I was on the highway cruising in the passing lane with some jackwagon behind a semi swerved over in front of me. The red light lights up and the 8" productivity display said collison alert or something like that too. The light is bright in the dark!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I believe it's the indicator for the frontal collision/proximity warning...

Correct. I know, because some dim witted SUV driver cut across several lanes of traffic, almost laterally to jump in front of me to make a turn to Costco.

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it's the indicator for the frontal collision/proximity warning...

That is actually what it is! I found out twice yesterday! It gets your attention when it goes off and you get a frontal crash warning on the 8 inch screen also. We had a car pull out in front of us and it was real close to being bad, and also was coming up behind a smi and it had a car pull out in front of it, had to go left real quick! Truck handled it well, very impressed with it!

Monsoon Chopper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Frontal Collision Warning. Not only will it come on, it will apply your brakes as well. Learned this first hand on my 1,100 mile trip home from picking my Raptor up at a dealer out of state. It can be turned off in your settings. It scared the crap out of me when it came on and auto-braked for me. I was in process of stopping when it came one, but it beat me to it.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Seems reasonable since it was Costco....

Since you’re also in NoVA you know... It’s not just “our” Costco, but refugees from DC and MD seem to think “our” Costco is better, so they hop in the communal “block beater car”, typically a 70’s era station wagon, 80’s sedan or mini-SUV, any year beater minivan, marginal tires, often spewing odd color smoke, etc. They plod along in either the opposite or middle lane yakking on a cell phone until the last minute and make the sudden “crazy Ivan” turn across multiple lanes of traffic to make their turn knowing everyone will suddenly brake to let them, and often causing a crash to others in the process.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All Costcos are like this in big cities. I bet a lot of the beaters you are are their "Costco" cars, so they don't have to scratch up their Lexus. ;)

This crash warning and auto-brake, is that standard or only available if you have tech package?