Post all your 2017 rap problems here please..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2018, 235 miles picked it up Oct 6th went out of country for a bit havent drove it much since back doing some upgrades. So for what little I have drove it I love it!!! A few cosmetic things but its a production truck so not a problem.
Found out that if you drive in tow mode it wont auto stop and start and I like the way the trans works in tow mode :)
Trans works fine but is so smooth kinds bugs me. I like a bit of a sharp shift feeling.
All I have sure I will have more after I drive it more.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just over 10K miles - 10 months old.
- My detailer showed me some of the paint blemishes in the paint. A bit disappointed when he showed them to me. If I didn't have Shadow Black, I may have had the dealer correct them
- Sync 3 system would reboot every so often. Updated to version 3.0 and haven't had any issues since (about 3 weeks)
- Gear cluster disappear's occasionally.
- Lots of rust underneath on delivery. Any ideas how to address this or what type of shop could fix this?

Crashking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2017 here with 10,500 miles

Let's see, one of my keys didn't work at delivery, rice sized chunk in passenger front fender paint, mechanical key was missing from a key, was missing antenna trim, and the ongoing problem, a vibration from 20mph and up which has been there since delivery.

Oil leak at 6-7k miles from the oil pan.

Now at 10k miles I've had water show up on the driver floor board and the dealer couldn't locate a source. As well as my front fender lights have water inside of them, not condensation, but actual formed water droplets. Dealer did not replace the lights.

The vibration from 20mph and up. I can actually feel at 10mph as well... feels like a front end loader driving down the road, vibration throughout whole vehicle and the frequency increases with speed. Tires have been road forced 3 times before I had bfg replace the tires at a tire kingdom, with an e load equivalent. shortly after I personally balanced the tires with the dead on setting on the balancer, no change in condition. Started the lemon law trail, notified ford with a letter, for a final repair attempt, and the final repair.... they roadforce and balanced these tires.... vibration is still present.

Occurs in 2wd, 4wd. Drive, or changing through various gears, engine speed doesn't change it, engine off, neutral.... still there. More noticeable upon steady speed or light acceleration. Only time I've had the condition get worse is when it's raining, and I put the truck in 4A, with light/medium acceleration without downshift. Almost feels like a misfire at that point. I figure it has to be another issue since I can still feel the vibration even when the engine is off at speed

Heelfan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
700 miles, so far only issue was the passengers side windshield wiper not installed correctly (too high). I removed and replaced downward and wa-la. Keeping my fingers crossed as the mile increase.

Mahoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4,2XX miles and the only issue I've had was the drivers side cat heat shield was making contact causing loud metallic noise once heated up and vehicle at the right articulation. Bent it out of the way and problem free since *knock on wood.

2SVT'S

Reaction score
2017 with 6000 miles, windshield washer pump doesn't work and I also have water droplets inside both rear marker lights. Also annoyed how out of date the navigation is.

chujk1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have many of these issues with the 2017's been fixed in 2018s? The ones that seem to be a common theme of course.