Post all your 2017 rap problems here please..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just turned 20k on my 2017. Started making a rubbing metal sound on the interstate under light load at 70mph. Then it got worse and louder and then would make a loud thud going into tenth. It's been at dealership now for three days, still have not told me what it is- Iam thinking torque converter. Oh and that " slight evap leak" that been cleared out twice at oil changes by the tech. Asked them to actually fix it this time while its there, you know... for three weeks I bet. Other than that I love the truck.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
I have about 620 miles on my 17’ and the only problems/imperfections are:
- Wastegate rattle on start up
- Couple paint chips/flaws here and there

Everything perfect beyond that and I love this thing

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well just heard back from the dealer. I successfully impaled a stick through the charcoal canister under the truck. $437 to fix. Love this new crap on trucks.

jdubub

#AllRaptorsMatter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well just heard back from the dealer. I successfully impaled a stick through the charcoal canister under the truck. $437 to fix. Love this new crap on trucks.

We have built in grills? That makes me happy because I get this really bad craving for a good ribeye steak randomly when driving.

All kidding aside, glad they found it. Sucks it is that much though. Post any pics you may be able to get of this, please.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the damage cracked the plastic in middle. You can see the wood if you look close. Going to figure out if there is somehow I can weld a small piece of metal to shield this from happening again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check engine code

Cam shaft code on dash; tech at dealership thinks it’s a sensor (I hope) had to work a double shift so I left at dealership. Hope it will be fixed tomorrow

jdubub

#AllRaptorsMatter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the damage cracked the plastic in middle. You can see the wood if you look close. Going to figure out if there is somehow I can weld a small piece of metal to shield this from happening again.

Crazy. Thank you for posting this. Even though it was probably just really bad luck, and a really strange coincidence, this may help some of the craftier badasses on here build a "skid plate" for this. I'm going to crawl under the truck later and check it out.

cao0215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cam shaft code on dash; tech at dealership thinks it’s a sensor (I hope) had to work a double shift so I left at dealership. Hope it will be fixed tomorrow

Congratulations, same problem, my dealer repair mine for 3 weeks but anyhow, it is no light on anymore

jsrick80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Issue with Blowoff or waste gate valve. Intermittent loud airleak sound with associated metal clanging sound while increasing boost. (Not the normal boost sound)