Post all your 2017 rap problems here please..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fx4210

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2018 here.. 1100 miles without any issues

Gas mileage has been better than I expected at around 18 overall

Edit: 1400 miles and still great

Last edited:

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
18 here.. just under 3000 miles.

DS fender has paint adherence issues. Ford is taking care of it.

Also, defective front seat cover. ripped right on the perforations at 180 miles. Waiting to hear if ford is going to take care of that too.

T palms

Reaction score
Had the master cylinder go bad on mine. Thought at first it might have been the brake issues I had heard about the first time it happened. (Remember seeing somewhere people were saying they were a bit weak). Ended up getting worse real fast. the pedal would catch for a bit near the top and then fall to the floor leaving just a bit of braking power near the bottom. Fixed and haven’t had any issues since.

BudTX

Reaction score
2018. Crummy QC on the paint. Uneven and flawed in a couple of places under the clearcoat.

I hope that is the extent of issues.

T palms

Reaction score
2018. Crummy QC on the paint. Uneven and flawed in a couple of places under the clearcoat.

I hope that is the extent of issues.

I’ve noticed some orange peeling in certain spots on mine as well. Thinking of getting the whole truck wrapped

Nasjal

Reaction score
I have 2017 with about 4K miles ……
Here is something need to be shared with you guys ...
it is about 5 months now, (trying to get familiar with the new car) and the story of problems started just a month ago:
1-The car did not recognized the remote key so it did not started but other functions in the remote were ok. (temporary reset by putting the remote into the reset hole under the cup holder and back started normally) then ford maintenance replaced the key and did some programming, so far it is working fine.
2-Sometime later the Tow haul indication light on most of the time and not responding to the push button in the shift handle, then the 4x4 selections did not function, showing (terrain management system malfunctioning, check 4x4), back again to ford maintenance, after full day diagnostics, found 4x4 transition coil failed. Ordered new part and will be replaced.
3-Sometime later the engine did not started again but with a deferent error (engine shut off to save energy and coolant temperature is overheated) just temporary disconnect the battery pin and reinstall and it started again but with engine fan continuous running and A/C is not working. Next day the engine did not started so I did the same practice and it started and back to ford maintenance, during the checks he found when disabling the function of remote start/stop the can is getting start normally. So after another day of diagnostics, they found the engine wires assembly fall down and touching the exhaust manifold caused some wires burn create a grounding, this grounding caused deferent problems in the electronics ….. repaired and order a new assembly and now working fine. Also the tow haul become ok.

Lessons learned :
-Get familiar with the emergency remote key reset location.
-Try remove/install the battery terminal if you face abnormal alarm. Just for temporary to reset.
-Always make sure of engine assembly wires is in the proper place and well insulated. Since the problem could happen any time again while it is mount in this location.