GEN 2 New info ford raptor mods!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HOLESHOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have great news, I spoke with FP today 1/19/2017 to follow up on my delivery. Asked the rep "is there any info about a tune for the new Raptor?"
They previously told me that there would be a tune soon, that's it no date or time frame.

Wow, this time all kinds of info was spewing out!
I was so happy to hear it all!

First the rep said "the tune will be released in the next few months" also they are working on "many performance mods for the Raptor"
He said "This is Ford Performance" basically this is why we are here.
Then he started to talk about the new exhausts they are making! More than one exhaust.
So we are inline for some great mods for the truck! Soon!

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any specific info on the different types of exhausts? Or any other specific parts? It sounds awesome and I can't wait to see.

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

OP
OP
HOLESHOT

HOLESHOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford Raptor exhaust gen2

YES! The FP rep said they were working on several different exhausts for the truck for sound and for performance.

SamfromTX

Reaction score
Good to hear. A tune with a little more hp/torque and a software update for the transmission together with a much better exhaust (low cell cats/downpipes and muffler bypasses perhaps) would make for a perfect Raptor.

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear. A tune with a little more hp/torque and a software update for the transmission together with a much better exhaust (low cell cats/downpipes and muffler bypasses perhaps) would make for a perfect Raptor.

That's what I"m talkin about! Be nice to get this stuff that will actually work with the factory warranty. I'd be all over the exhaust and a tune.
Was so easy to upgrade my GT500 with a smaller pulley, a tune and bigger fuel injectors and the increase in HP was very noticeable....for not much cash at all!

theman1990

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford Performance has also been promising a GT350 tranny cooler upgrade for tech cars "in the next few weeks" for the last year and a half.... We shall see how they fare for the Raptor!

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford Performance has also been promising a GT350 tranny cooler upgrade for tech cars "in the next few weeks" for the last year and a half.... We shall see how they fare for the Raptor!

What I heard that will never happen. The 16 tech car transmissions don't have the fittings for the trans cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theman1990

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I heard that will never happen. The 16 tech car transmissions don't have the fittings for the trans cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's correct.... A number of owners have fit their own with an electric pump... It's possible but Ford missed the mark on that one!!

JackFrostXTR

Reaction score
I'll believe it when I see it. Given they can't get parts for the base truck and have had delay after delay, don't expect to see mods anytime soon.