Lost keys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michelleandrews

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I misplaced my main set of keys for over two weeks. I searched everywhere for them. Then one day I decided to try and start my truck without the spare set being in the truck, and it started. Then I knew they were in the truck and found them in between the center council and the passengers seat wedged in by the floor. Wish I would have thought of it sooner to try and start my truck.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Buy a third key off ebay or such. When you have two sets you can program your own. One key and you have to go to dealer.

OP
OP
Michelleandrews

Michelleandrews

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
That's exactly how I find my keys. If the car is near, it starts, so start looking.

It was one of my girlfriends who actually gave me the idea to try and start it. She said "isn't your truck a push start?". "Try starting it without the other keys in my truck", and she was right. I felt so stupid afterwards and saying why didn't I think of that.

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
I noticed you have a Law Enforcement-Fire tag to your profile. Are you fire or police? If police, I can't help but comment about leaving your keys in your truck whether or accident or not. Nearly every auto theft I took over my career was due to people leaving their spare in their cars and think that if you're law enforcement, you'd already know preventative measures to avoid accidentally leaving your keys in the car.

I also notice your female profile name. Do you not carry a purse? Both my wife and I have push button start and her keys are always in her purse and mine in my pocket.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get an 18 fob if you are using it to lock or unlock. A lot better layout

OP
OP
Michelleandrews

Michelleandrews

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I noticed you have a Law Enforcement-Fire tag to your profile. Are you fire or police? If police, I can't help but comment about leaving your keys in your truck whether or accident or not. Nearly every auto theft I took over my career was due to people leaving their spare in their cars and think that if you're law enforcement, you'd already know preventative measures to avoid accidentally leaving your keys in the car.

I also notice your female profile name. Do you not carry a purse? Both my wife and I have push button start and her keys are always in her purse and mine in my pocket.
No I am not police or military, but I am a huge supporter of the men and women who help serve and protect. Yes I carry a purse and a friend of mine needed in my truck one night and misplaced them by accident, ie dropping them between the seat and center council... She was over at my house with other friends and I picked her up earlier in the day and she was getting stuff out of my truck.