Lighting Condensation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jetsco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone with a G2 seeing any condensation in their head lights or the small rear accent lights?

Attachments

• IMG_1298.jpg
    IMG_1298.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1296.jpg
    IMG_1296.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1297.jpg
    IMG_1297.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 100

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone with a G2 seeing any condensation in their head lights or the small rear accent lights?

I'm seeing the same BS on my wife's 17 Explorer Sport. Dropping it off at the dealer and making them install new ones

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sorry brother but reading this made me laugh out loud haha!

Glad I could make you laugh. Appointment is Monday it's a 2 week old vehicle with only 50 something miles on it now. They have been fogged up since day one. It's just going to cause them to haze and yellow by wearing off the coating. Dealer already stated they're replacing them. My dealer does whatever for me even on my Raptor when I beat on it off road. The Explorer is 60k it's not cheap Headlights don't need to be fogged up. My 350Z and G35 don't do that shit nor does my Raptor.

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad I could make you laugh. Appointment is Monday it's a 2 week old vehicle with only 50 something miles on it now. They have been fogged up since day one. It's just going to cause them to haze and yellow by wearing off the coating. Dealer already stated they're replacing them. My dealer does whatever for me even on my Raptor when I beat on it off road. The Explorer is 60k it's not cheap Headlights don't need to be fogged up. My 350Z and G35 don't do that shit nor does my Raptor.

So it has remained fogged the whole time? My gen 1 tail lights are only a bit fogged at the edge for the day of the temp change.

David

Santiago

Reaction score
picked it up toady too

Attachments

• IMG_2159.JPG
    IMG_2159.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2157.JPG
    IMG_2157.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 76

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what its worth a lot of people end up with moisture in their lights after doing projector lens upgrades or changing bulbs. If there are vents in the lenses or anywhere else you could stick some silica packets in give these a try if you don't want to screw with the dealer. I personally despise going to the dealer for the simple fact that I have had nothing but bad experiences with every single trip to the dealer over the last 4 years and 3 different makes of vehicle. On a $60K truck though I would probably make an exception. If they can't fix it though those silica packets will do the trick.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/accessories/build-materials/silica-gel-moisture-packs.html